Old 08-11-2013, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Nostalgia A thread unravelling from Bad weather coming.

On 08/11/2013 15:15, Ophelia wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message

We didn't listen to much we were always quiet and reading books. The
only thing we listened to regularly was The Good Show! My Dad loved
it

Oops that would be the Goons!

I've just deleted the post I was writing to point that out :-)

g beat you to it .. Phew) Would you be a Goonie fan too? I have a
friend who has some old 75s records with the programmes on. We have a
hoot when we visit

Min

Never heard any one referring to them as Goonie.
"The Goons " yes.
Not even Eccles, Bluebottle or Major Denis Bloodnok, IND. ARM. RTD.
coward and bar (military idiot and former plumber's mate)
To bring back memories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVbxegt_Wz0

The quote I like is

"We can't stand around here doing nothing. People will think we're workmen!"

How true!
Takes me back to days of my youth.
Them and Buddy Holly
David @a still dripping side of Swansea Bay
Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Malcolm" wrote in message

We didn't listen to much we were always quiet and reading books. The
only thing we listened to regularly was The Good Show! My Dad loved
it

Oops that would be the Goons!

I've just deleted the post I was writing to point that out :-)

g beat you to it .. Phew) Would you be a Goonie fan too? I have a
friend who has some old 75s records with the programmes on. We have a
hoot when we visit

Min

Never heard any one referring to them as Goonie.
"The Goons " yes.

Just what my friends and I called them. Did you ever see them on tv. Not
the same somehow. I guess those puppets didn't gel with my imagination

Not even Eccles, Bluebottle or Major Denis Bloodnok, IND. ARM. RTD. coward
and bar (military idiot and former plumber's mate)
To bring back memories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVbxegt_Wz0

LOL Brilliant! Thanks)

The quote I like is

"We can't stand around here doing nothing. People will think we're
workmen!"

How true!
Takes me back to days of my youth.
Them and Buddy Holly

Oh yes! Mine too. Good days! I don't often come across Goon fans these
days It's good

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/