Old 09-11-2013, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Do you remember when.....?

Do you remember that time of year when we would get the seed catalogues?
We looked forwards to them.
Now we seem to get another one every few weeks.
Oh ! Not another one.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote:

Do you remember that time of year when we would get the seed catalogues?
We looked forwards to them.

We always seemed to get them in the midst of a blizzard; seemed like the
seed companies were looking at the forecast to plan their mailings!
That reminds me; the seed closed top shelf has several years of catalogs,
which need to go in the recycle bin.
My computer garden ledger now has an entry at the top of each new year:
"Don't forget to plant:"

Old 09-11-2013, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 09/11/2013 13:44, David Hill wrote:
Do you remember that time of year when we would get the seed catalogues?
We looked forwards to them.
Now we seem to get another one every few weeks.
Oh ! Not another one.

Yes, I remember them and I remember my father receiving them and
spending ages going through his seed tin and checking the catalogues for
veg and flower seed. He had an allotment and two greenhouses as well as
the house garden, so he ordered loads of seeds. Lovely days!

I usually get the T&M catalogue. I do order a few packets, but I find
their ordering system frustrating, as one can't order seed potatoes in
the same order as seeds. I'm not sure they'll take plant orders with
seed, either. Drives me mad, so I buy my seed potatoes when I see them
whilst visiting a gc.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London