GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jasminum fruticans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208713-jasminum-fruticans.html)

Sacha[_11_] 14-11-2013 04:06 PM

Jasminum fruticans

That's what we think it is but does anyone know better?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/10855603815/
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 14-11-2013 04:39 PM

Jasminum fruticans

"Sacha" wrote in message
That's what we think it is but does anyone know better?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/10855603815/
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I would be more inclined to J. subhumile, I think fruiticans has more
pointed leaves. subhumile is quite variable as a species and some varieties
of it have have species synonyms applied like heterophyllum and
diversifolium.

NB sunhumile is a different species to humile (of revolutum fame)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Yours looks most like Jasminum subhumile var glaricorymbosum

Sacha[_11_] 14-11-2013 05:22 PM

Jasminum fruticans

On 2013-11-14 16:39:11 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
That's what we think it is but does anyone know better?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/10855603815/
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I would be more inclined to J. subhumile, I think fruiticans has more
pointed leaves. subhumile is quite variable as a species and some
varieties of it have have species synonyms applied like heterophyllum
and diversifolium.

NB sunhumile is a different species to humile (of revolutum fame)

That does look much more like it. Some of the young growth branches are
arching and quite sturdy - over a pencil's thickness - and it's still
in a pot. I think the long yellow 'tubes' of the flower look right,
too. Thanks so much, Charlie. I told Ray that if in doubt "ask
Charlie"! You know Ray - he's had it for years and has no recollection
of how he came by it. Somebody, sometime, very kindly gave it to him
etc. Possibly Guy Sissons now I start to think about it - I'll check.
It's a lovely plant and very generous flowering. I think you've solved
it. Many thanks.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com