GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The end of the dahlias? Not quite (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208744-end-dahlias-not-quite.html)

David Hill 19-11-2013 12:11 PM

The end of the dahlias? Not quite

We've had a couple of snow flurries, a couple of sleet showers as well
as a few bursts of rain and now back to sunshine.
So far we've just had a light frost a week ago and the tree dahlias are
still going, with the D. imperialis and D. tenuicaulis still looking
very fresh and with loads of flower buds

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc245b7c2.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psfa56059d.jpg

The tallest of the Imperialis are now up to almost 14ft

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps4c59ca81.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psb6377810.jpg

David @ a now sunny side of Swansea Bay

David Hill 19-11-2013 12:18 PM

On 19/11/2013 12:11, David Hill wrote:
We've had a couple of snow flurries, a couple of sleet showers as well
as a few bursts of rain and now back to sunshine.
So far we've just had a light frost a week ago and the tree dahlias are
still going, with the D. imperialis and D. tenuicaulis still looking
very fresh and with loads of flower buds

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc245b7c2.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psfa56059d.jpg

The tallest of the Imperialis are now up to almost 14ft

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps4c59ca81.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psb6377810.jpg

David @ a now sunny side of Swansea Bay

I should have said there are a few other of the Hybrid Tree dahlias that
still have flowers on them
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps5545bdd0.jpg