GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   interesting site: flora of Czech republic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208750-interesting-site-flora-czech-republic.html)

Emery Davis[_3_] 19-11-2013 07:30 PM

interesting site: flora of Czech republic

This site contains many beautiful photos, for example irises found in the
Czech republic. I found it looking at for a maple photo (A. divergens)
so here's the link to the maple section.

I found it easiest to navigate using chrome, and setting automatic
translation of Czech to English.

Lots of the plants are of course perfectly adaptable to our climate, so
perhaps a good place to get ideas... :)

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Jeff Layman[_2_] 19-11-2013 07:55 PM

On 19/11/2013 19:30, Emery Davis wrote:
This site contains many beautiful photos, for example irises found in the
Czech republic. I found it looking at for a maple photo (A. divergens)
so here's the link to the maple section.

I found it easiest to navigate using chrome, and setting automatic
translation of Czech to English.

Lots of the plants are of course perfectly adaptable to our climate, so
perhaps a good place to get ideas... :)

-E

Now where did you hide that link, Emory? ;-)

--

Jeff

Emery Davis[_3_] 19-11-2013 08:01 PM

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:55:42 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 19/11/2013 19:30, Emery Davis wrote:
This site contains many beautiful photos, for example irises found in
the Czech republic. I found it looking at for a maple photo (A.
divergens) so here's the link to the maple section.

I found it easiest to navigate using chrome, and setting automatic
translation of Czech to English.

Lots of the plants are of course perfectly adaptable to our climate, so
perhaps a good place to get ideas... :)

-E

Now where did you hide that link, Emory? ;-)

Classic, eh?

http://flora.upol.cz/fotogalerie/inf...cuminatum.html

Sorry about that.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Alan (BigAl) 19-11-2013 11:21 PM

On 19/11/2013 20:01, Emery Davis wrote:

http://flora.upol.cz/fotogalerie/inf...cuminatum.html

Thanks for that. It is a pain to navigate, but there are some great photos.

Jeff Layman[_2_] 20-11-2013 06:17 PM

interesting site: flora of Czech republic

On 19/11/2013 20:01, Emery Davis wrote:
On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:55:42 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 19/11/2013 19:30, Emery Davis wrote:
This site contains many beautiful photos, for example irises found in
the Czech republic. I found it looking at for a maple photo (A.
divergens) so here's the link to the maple section.

I found it easiest to navigate using chrome, and setting automatic
translation of Czech to English.

Lots of the plants are of course perfectly adaptable to our climate, so
perhaps a good place to get ideas... :)

-E

Now where did you hide that link, Emory? ;-)

Classic, eh?

http://flora.upol.cz/fotogalerie/inf...cuminatum.html

Sorry about that.

A very interesting site. Thanks, Emery. (See, I got it right this time!)

I found it easier when just browsing the photos to look at the link name
in the status bar. That shows the plant name clearly.

Never thought I'd call a slug attractive, but look at the colour of the
one at the bottom of page 9 he
http://flora.upol.cz/data/syllabuses...rpaty_2013.pdf

--

Jeff

David Hill 20-11-2013 07:29 PM

On 20/11/2013 18:17, Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

You can keep the slug I'll take the puddy cats

Emery Davis[_3_] 21-11-2013 03:24 PM

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:17:33 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

A very interesting site. Thanks, Emery. (See, I got it right this
time!)

I appreciate the correction :) but honestly I've been seeing it spelled
with an 'o' my entire life, so I hardly notice.

That slug is something, though!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Spider[_3_] 21-11-2013 10:24 PM

[...]

Mmm ... interesting ... the same colour as slug pellets ;~)).
I preferred the cats in the neighbouring pic.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London