Old 17-12-2013, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mushroom Plugs

Suttons are again advertising Mushroom Plugs
Has anyone tried them and with what results?
David
Old 17-12-2013, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
Suttons are again advertising Mushroom Plugs
Has anyone tried them and with what results?

Thanks, David. This is something I have been wanting to try

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 18-12-2013, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:53:14 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
Suttons are again advertising Mushroom Plugs
Has anyone tried them and with what results?

Thanks, David. This is something I have been wanting to try

Not tried them - but interested in how well they work.
Had read about mushroom spawning the lawn somewhere too.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 18-12-2013, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
Suttons are again advertising Mushroom Plugs
Has anyone tried them and with what results?

Thanks, David. This is something I have been wanting to try

Not tried them - but interested in how well they work.
Had read about mushroom spawning the lawn somewhere too.

Some years ago I used to buy compost from a mushroom farm and after
spreading it I always got a nice crop of mushrooms Just the one crop
though

I am assuming they would grow in a nice dark shed, possibly in grow bags?
That is what I am hoping anyway

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 18-12-2013, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

Suttons are again advertising Mushroom Plugs
Has anyone tried them and with what results?

Yes I did a few years back, got some recently felled Beech logs and did all
the drilling, and filling, and sealing with warm wax, and covering with
plastic. Not a thing. However I think I know what the problem was, they need
a damp/wet place to stand, the sort of place you get constant moss growth,
where ferns love to grow. They must never dry out, mine did.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 18-12-2013, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"David Hill" wrote

Suttons are again advertising Mushroom Plugs
Has anyone tried them and with what results?

Yes I did a few years back, got some recently felled Beech logs and did
all the drilling, and filling, and sealing with warm wax, and covering
with plastic. Not a thing. However I think I know what the problem was,
they need a damp/wet place to stand, the sort of place you get constant
moss growth, where ferns love to grow. They must never dry out, mine did.

Bob, I have some on order from Suttons and intend to give them a try
this coming year on sycamore and ash. In this part of the world, damp
shaded places are not hard to come by!

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland, 40 miles N. of Inverness

Mushroom mushroom... Tim Watts[_3_] United Kingdom 19 09-11-2014 11:02 PM
Mushroom plugs spruce United Kingdom 2 18-04-2009 05:21 PM
Jiffy Plugs Jockie1 United Kingdom 0 16-05-2003 01:44 PM
zoysia plugs [email protected] Gardening 1 20-04-2003 11:32 PM
Plugs Ted Richardson United Kingdom 3 24-03-2003 04:44 PM