Old 18-12-2013, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default a bit windy...

Nothing extraordinary here, seeing gusts around 80 kph (50 mph), but the
electrics have blinked a few times. All the computers, TV etc are on
UPS's, we're sort of used to it.

But I see on the beeb that Scotland and Wales are being hit quite hard.
Hope you're all weathering it.

And now, back to last weeks Strictly...

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 19-12-2013, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/12/2013 22:50, Emery Davis wrote:
Nothing extraordinary here, seeing gusts around 80 kph (50 mph), but the
electrics have blinked a few times. All the computers, TV etc are on
UPS's, we're sort of used to it.

But I see on the beeb that Scotland and Wales are being hit quite hard.
Hope you're all weathering it.

And now, back to last weeks Strictly...

-E

Here at the side of Swansea Bay we peaked out at gusting in the low 60's
mph but had gusts of 40 mph and above all day and most of the night.
That was with some heavy rain just to add to the fun.
David

Old 19-12-2013, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/12/2013 10:02, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:02:42 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

On 18/12/2013 22:50, Emery Davis wrote:
Nothing extraordinary here, seeing gusts around 80 kph (50 mph), but the
electrics have blinked a few times. All the computers, TV etc are on
UPS's, we're sort of used to it.

But I see on the beeb that Scotland and Wales are being hit quite hard.
Hope you're all weathering it.

And now, back to last weeks Strictly...

-E

Here at the side of Swansea Bay we peaked out at gusting in the low 60's
mph but had gusts of 40 mph and above all day and most of the night.
That was with some heavy rain just to add to the fun.

It missed us.

We were warmly shut up in our house and noticed nothing. Must have been
bad though as 4 miles up the road the Stoke v Man U match was delayed
due to the bad weather, mad no odds Stoke still lost. No surprise there
then!
Old 19-12-2013, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Dec 2013 22:50:12 GMT, Emery Davis
wrote:

Nothing extraordinary here, seeing gusts around 80 kph (50 mph), but the
electrics have blinked a few times. All the computers, TV etc are on
UPS's, we're sort of used to it.

But I see on the beeb that Scotland and Wales are being hit quite hard.
Hope you're all weathering it.

And now, back to last weeks Strictly...

Eric Robson who chairs GQT and lives on a farm in the lake district
said on Facebook today that he had to use a chainsaw to get into his
farm!

Pam in Bristol

Old 19-12-2013, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 18/12/2013 22:50, Emery Davis wrote:
Nothing extraordinary here, seeing gusts around 80 kph (50 mph), but the
electrics have blinked a few times. All the computers, TV etc are on
UPS's, we're sort of used to it.

But I see on the beeb that Scotland and Wales are being hit quite hard.
Hope you're all weathering it.

And now, back to last weeks Strictly...

-E

Here at the side of Swansea Bay we peaked out at gusting in the low 60's
mph but had gusts of 40 mph and above all day and most of the night.
That was with some heavy rain just to add to the fun.
David

Not too bad here in the Swansea Valley, but I understand you're getting it
worse than we are.

Hope things don't get any worse for you.

Bill