Old 23-12-2013, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 1987 again

We have trees falling left right and centre here. One blocking the road my
daughter 'would have used' on her way here, but we have told her to take an
alternate route. Still waiting at Portsmouth for the next ferry.

Even the bridge to the Island would have been closed, the QEII Bridge has
been closed

Mike

www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 23-12-2013, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote

We have trees falling left right and centre here. One blocking the road my
daughter 'would have used' on her way here, but we have told her to take an
alternate route. Still waiting at Portsmouth for the next ferry.

Even the bridge to the Island would have been closed, the QEII Bridge has
been closed

No way it will be as bad as that for fallen trees, they have lost their
leaves this time.
In "87 I was in charge of a coach going to Kent the next morning for a
conference. I lost a ridge tile but as we travelled SE the damage got worse
until Kent which looked like it was a war zone, whole woods of mature trees
blown flat, debris everywhere. Reminded me of photographs of that Russian
meteor strike years before. It took us so long to get to the place that we
had lunch there and turned around and came straight back. Best conference I
ever went to, except for the ruined shoes.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.