Old 23-12-2013, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Desperation strikes!

The weather this morning was absolutely atrocious, as many of us know.
The rain was pouring as if someone had left a tap on and the wind was
indescribable. Having shut the nursery for two weeks, we took full
advantage of tea & papers in bed, with 2 grandchildren hooked on
CBeebies and at 9.30am, I was giving everyone breakfast and still in my
dressing gown. There was a knock on the kitchen window and a poor
woman in foul weather gear was asking if we sell Christmas trees! She
apologised for disturbing us, knowing that the nursery is closed
because it says so on the gate, but she was desperate for a Christmas
tree. We can only wonder if she always leaves it this late, or if some
family problem led to this final, frantic search. Not the latter, I
hope. Luckily, we knew exactly where she'd get one and could give her
directions to the local farm. I felt so sorry for her, standing there,
dripping from every garment as if a hose was playing over her! About
10 minutes later, there was a knock at the front door, another dripping
woman but this time, bringing us a lovely flower arrangement!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 23-12-2013, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes, there are others who think of their fellow man, ................ or
woman.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/News-and...od-Association

Mike

www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk

"sacha" wrote in message ...

[...]

Heron Strikes here...... Steve and Lisa Ponds 12 19-05-2004 01:19 AM
[IBC] Disaster strikes :-( Jim Lewis Bonsai 7 13-05-2004 01:02 AM
desperation pruning Mark. Gooley Roses 3 09-09-2003 08:42 PM
[IBC] The Kitschomatic Strikes Again Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 7 23-05-2003 09:44 PM
The Kitschomatic Strikes Again Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 21-05-2003 04:20 AM