Old 23-12-2013, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Here's a summation of 1987

http://www.metlink.org/pdf/articles/..._mansfield.pdf
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 23-12-2013, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sacha" wrote in message ...

http://www.metlink.org/pdf/articles/..._mansfield.pdf
--
Sacha

Thank you for reading my posting about the 1987 storm. You will be delighted
to know that my daughter has reached the Isle of Wight :-)

Mike

www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 23-12-2013, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

and the latest!!!!

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/ferr...2175.aspx?mn=1

I hope you are all OK in England

Old 23-12-2013, 11:07 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
We all slept through it in Sevenoaks - can't think how. Woke shortly before dawn to find car with one poplar lying neatly across road along back bumper, and another across road along front bumper. As light increased, we realised the car/poplar/car/poplar sequence was continued along the road in both directions as far as we could see.

Our apple tree fell and just missed the greenhouse. We had 400lbs of windfalls.
__________________
Old 24-12-2013, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-12-23 23:07:44 +0000, kay said:

sacha;996700 Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/nruzdkh

We all slept through it in Sevenoaks - can't think how. Woke shortly
before dawn to find car with one poplar lying neatly across road along
back bumper, and another across road along front bumper. As light
increased, we realised the car/poplar/car/poplar sequence was continued
along the road in both directions as far as we could see.

Our apple tree fell and just missed the greenhouse. We had 400lbs of
windfalls.

From what I recall, you woke up as Oneoak! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 24-12-2013, 10:49 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post

From what I recall, you woke up as Oneoak! ;-)
-
Indeed. But that didn't mean 6 trees fell - there were reportedly 100 trees just on the line between our local station and the next station 5 miles up the line.

1987 again 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 2 23-12-2013 05:38 PM
here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
Well here it is September already madgardener Gardening 2 01-09-2003 04:12 PM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 04:11 PM
here's an interesting idea for those of you who don't want war with J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 31-01-2003 12:55 AM