Old 01-01-2014, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Here we go...

On 01/01/14 11:13, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 10:31:18 +0000, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 01/01/14 09:18, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:21:43 +0000, sacha wrote:

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy
2014 everyone!

At exactly midnight our central heating combi boiler died. :-((((((((((

For anything containing a computer and connector, I'd have said it
was a leap-second bug Unfortunately it almost certainly isn't
connected to the internet and a leap-second definitely wasn't
added this year, so I doubt that is the case!
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/leap-seconds-future.html

Good luck getting it fixed.

Fixed it by giving up using the reset button and instead unplugging it and then
plugging it in again. What they call in Germany a " housewife's reset".

I've had to do that with mine, possibly as a result of brownouts.

Worryingly it failed while on. Memo to self: ask manufacturer
which protection mechanism would have prevented my house burning
down

Old 01-01-2014, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message ...

I've had to do that with mine, possibly as a result of brownouts.

Worryingly it failed while on. Memo to self: ask manufacturer
which protection mechanism would have prevented my house burning
down

Was it not in failed off mode - thus little danger at all ?
I do not see how it can can be considered as failed if still on !!

Pete
Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/14 11:50, Peter & Jeanne wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message ...

I've had to do that with mine, possibly as a result of brownouts.

Worryingly it failed while on. Memo to self: ask manufacturer
which protection mechanism would have prevented my house burning
down

Was it not in failed off mode - thus little danger at all ?
I do not see how it can can be considered as failed if still on !!

Changing the thermostat so that the aiming temperature was below
the room temperature should have caused the boiler to stop heating.
It didn't: the heating continued.

Niether of the external controls (on/off and water temperature)
caused any change.

Turning the power supply off at the wall spur connection
restored normal operation.

Conclusion: internal microcontroller was more than a little
confused. /If/ all safety cutouts relied on the microprocessor
then there would have been a very serious problem.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2013 15:04, David Hill wrote:
I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4 inches
we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay

That's worrying David, at this rate you could lose all the lakes of
groundwater that are currently in your area, or indeed the ground could
become dry enough to walk on !

--
Janet Tweedy
South Buckinghamshire

---

Old 01-01-2014, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/2014 13:23, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 31/12/2013 15:04, David Hill wrote:
I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4 inches
we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay

That's worrying David, at this rate you could lose all the lakes of
groundwater that are currently in your area, or indeed the ground could
become dry enough to walk on !

I am still wondering about downhill water sking

Old 01-01-2014, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

On 01/01/2014 13:23, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 31/12/2013 15:04, David Hill wrote:
I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4 inches
we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay

That's worrying David, at this rate you could lose all the lakes of
groundwater that are currently in your area, or indeed the ground could
become dry enough to walk on !

I am still wondering about downhill water sking

Make more money out of an uphill Water Ski

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk
www.nsrafa.org
Old 01-01-2014, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-01-01 16:23:41 +0000, David Hill said:

On 01/01/2014 13:23, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 31/12/2013 15:04, David Hill wrote:
I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4 inches
we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay

That's worrying David, at this rate you could lose all the lakes of
groundwater that are currently in your area, or indeed the ground could
become dry enough to walk on !

I am still wondering about downhill water sking

Just go with the flow! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-01-2014, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:21:43 +0000, sacha wrote:

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

Happy new year from here too, and to all urglers!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 01-01-2014, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/2014 16:35, 'Mike' wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message ...
On 01/01/2014 13:23, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 31/12/2013 15:04, David Hill wrote:
I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4 inches
we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay

That's worrying David, at this rate you could lose all the lakes of
groundwater that are currently in your area, or indeed the ground could
become dry enough to walk on !

I am still wondering about downhill water sking

Make more money out of an uphill Water Ski

Mike

When they start uphill skiing on snow then ................

Old 02-01-2014, 02:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/2014 16:23, David Hill wrote:
I am still wondering about downhill water sking

it'll be lethal if it all freezes!

--
Janet Tweedy
South Buckinghamshire

---

Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:58:46 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"sacha" wrote

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for everyone!
Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014 everyone!

Yes, Happy New Year everyone. Lets hope for the same summer but a proper
spring and a touch less monsoon season.

New year greetings to all. Anyone found any good instructions on how
to build an ark?

Pam in Bristol
Old 02-01-2014, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 6dmbc9d2oalu5u0r44a1h4dbcbipev9rvp@
4ax.com, says...

New year greetings to all. Anyone found any good

instructions on how
to build an ark?

The Bible, Genesis Chapter 6 verses 14 - 16

Well, you did ask!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 03-01-2014, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...lectedIndex=44