Old 31-12-2013, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Here we go...

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy
2014 everyone!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-12-2013, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2013 14:21, sacha wrote:
…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4 inches
we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay
Old 31-12-2013, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:21:43 +0000, sacha wrote:

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy
2014 everyone!

A happy new year to you and to all gardeners.
Let's hope for more 'normal' seasons in 2014!
Old 31-12-2013, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sacha" wrote

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for everyone!
Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014 everyone!

Yes, Happy New Year everyone. Lets hope for the same summer but a proper
spring and a touch less monsoon season.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 31-12-2013, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-12-31 15:04:30 +0000, David Hill said:

On 31/12/2013 14:21, sacha wrote:
…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4
inches we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay

Okay Mr Picky - rain at night in the hot summer we are going to have.
Ray left a double sized wheelbarrow outside and in two (separate) days
of rain it was full to the brim. I saw a photo of the river at Dawlish
today and it was nearly touching the arch of the bridge, only a couple
of feet off it, I'd think. We took the grandson and Oscar Underfoot
for a walk at Stitchwick on Dartmoor yesterday and have never seen so
much standing water there. You could see that, in places, the Dart had
lapped so far over its normal channel that river debris had been washed
up 50 or 60' onto the grass in places. Places that are always a bit
damp, dew ponds etc., were now 3" or more deep in water and there's
more to come.
(Listen to Chepstow Radio tonight. You may recognise a voice! )
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-12-2013, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:21:43 +0000, sacha wrote:

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy
2014 everyone!

At the moment I would settle for just a few dry days. One of our
soak-aways has now stopped soaking away consequently we cannot
leave/enter by either of the front doors without donning wellies.
--
rbel
Old 31-12-2013, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2013 14:21, sacha wrote:
…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

Yes indeed. Happy New Year Sacha and all urlers. Have a lovely evening
and a healthy and productive gardening year. Amen to sunny days and
rainy nights. Joy to all bees and butterflies.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 31-12-2013, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2013 14:21, sacha wrote:
…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

And best wishes from me to everyone for a happy new gardening year.
As others have said, it would be good to have some properly organised
seasons this year so that we will know what to expect.
It seems we might be planning a gardening tour of Devon this year, so
who knows where we could be dropping in!

--
RG
Old 31-12-2013, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 31-12-2013, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-12-31 15:04:30 +0000, David Hill said:

[...]

Right now until midnight. 5 straight hours!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-12-2013, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-12-31 16:58:46 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"sacha" wrote

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

Yes, Happy New Year everyone. Lets hope for the same summer but a
proper spring and a touch less monsoon season.

Having said which, the rain is hurling itself against the windows right
now! Grandson is off to his bed - rather on the late side, I must say
- and I won't be surprised if we're not far behind him! It's a wet
start to the new year down here, I think!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-12-2013, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-12-31 19:07:52 +0000, RG said:

On 31/12/2013 14:21, sacha wrote:
Éinto another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

And best wishes from me to everyone for a happy new gardening year.
As others have said, it would be good to have some properly organised
seasons this year so that we will know what to expect.
It seems we might be planning a gardening tour of Devon this year, so
who knows where we could be dropping in!

Jumping up and down and waving!!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 31-12-2013, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-12-31 19:07:52 +0000, RG said:

On 31/12/2013 14:21, sacha wrote:
Éinto another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

And best wishes from me to everyone for a happy new gardening year.
As others have said, it would be good to have some properly organised
seasons this year so that we will know what to expect.
It seems we might be planning a gardening tour of Devon this year, so
who knows where we could be dropping in!

Jumping up and down and waving!!

Not enough energy to jump up and down, but waving!! :~))

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 31-12-2013, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-12-31 16:58:46 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"sacha" wrote

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy
2014 everyone!

Yes, Happy New Year everyone. Lets hope for the same summer but a
proper spring and a touch less monsoon season.

Having said which, the rain is hurling itself against the windows right
now! Grandson is off to his bed - rather on the late side, I must say -
and I won't be surprised if we're not far behind him! It's a wet start
to the new year down here, I think!

Here by Swansea Bay it has been chucking heavy hail down for almost 20
minutes,
Rain only at night?
Bah Humbug!!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/14 09:18, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:21:43 +0000, sacha wrote:

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy
2014 everyone!

At exactly midnight our central heating combi boiler died. :-((((((((((

For anything containing a computer and connector, I'd have said it
was a leap-second bug Unfortunately it almost certainly isn't
connected to the internet and a leap-second definitely wasn't
added this year, so I doubt that is the case!
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/leap-seconds-future.html

Good luck getting it fixed.