Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wind, wind and more wind.

Well they did say we were in for a bit of a blow.
here it hasn't let up all day.
The mumbles light house (Which we can see from here) has so far had 15
hours with it gusting to over 60mph, the last 3 house have given us
74mph, 77mph and 84mph, and they said this morning that it would be
easing off late afternoon.
and there is another strong blow heading our way for probably Tuesday, I
wouldn't mind so much if it dried out the ground.
David @ a windy side of Swansea Bay
Old 03-01-2014, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
Well they did say we were in for a bit of a blow.
here it hasn't let up all day.
The mumbles light house (Which we can see from here) has so far had 15
hours with it gusting to over 60mph, the last 3 house have given us 74mph,
77mph and 84mph, and they said this morning that it would be easing off
late afternoon.
and there is another strong blow heading our way for probably Tuesday, I
wouldn't mind so much if it dried out the ground.
David @ a windy side of Swansea Bay

I can only dream of sun-bathing ,David :-)

Bill

Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-01-03 21:12:03 +0000, David Hill said:

Well they did say we were in for a bit of a blow.
here it hasn't let up all day.
The mumbles light house (Which we can see from here) has so far had 15
hours with it gusting to over 60mph, the last 3 house have given us
74mph, 77mph and 84mph, and they said this morning that it would be
easing off late afternoon.
and there is another strong blow heading our way for probably Tuesday,
I wouldn't mind so much if it dried out the ground.
David @ a windy side of Swansea Bay

Having howled, screamed and battered for a few hours, the wind has now
died away completely and the glass is rising. x fingers we're in for a
quieter, drier spell. The forecast for coastal areas is just dreadful
and I am very sorry for those people working or living in those
conditions but Nature is a fearsome power.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com