GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First Daff (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209095-first-daff.html)

David Hill 01-02-2014 02:00 PM

First Daff

I've got to check the listings for which variety is which but I nipped
out between bouts of rain and took these pictures.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psfc07d44b.jpg
This variety is about 7 days ahead of the next one.
With luck in their 2nd year they will be earlier.
There are almost a couple odd dozen crocus out to this stage,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...pse149e362.jpg
they just need some sun to open fully.

Derek Turner 01-02-2014 03:41 PM

First Daff

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 14:00:34 +0000, David Hill wrote:

I've got to check the listings for which variety is which but I nipped
out between bouts of rain and took these pictures.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstdaffs201401_zpsfc07d44b.jpg
This variety is about 7 days ahead of the next one.
With luck in their 2nd year they will be earlier.
There are almost a couple odd dozen crocus out to this stage,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstcrocus201401_zpse149e362.jpg
they just need some sun to open fully.

Been out in the hedge-banks for weeks here.

Sacha[_11_] 01-02-2014 03:56 PM

First Daff

On 2014-02-01 15:41:12 +0000, Derek Turner said:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 14:00:34 +0000, David Hill wrote:

I've got to check the listings for which variety is which but I nipped
out between bouts of rain and took these pictures.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstdaffs201401_zpsfc07d44b.jpg
This variety is about 7 days ahead of the next one.
With luck in their 2nd year they will be earlier.
There are almost a couple odd dozen crocus out to this stage,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstcrocus201401_zpse149e362.jpg
they just need some sun to open fully.

Been out in the hedge-banks for weeks here.

So I should hope!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

David Hill 01-02-2014 05:38 PM

First Daff

On 01/02/2014 15:41, Derek Turner wrote:
On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 14:00:34 +0000, David Hill wrote:

I've got to check the listings for which variety is which but I nipped
out between bouts of rain and took these pictures.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstdaffs201401_zpsfc07d44b.jpg
This variety is about 7 days ahead of the next one.
With luck in their 2nd year they will be earlier.
There are almost a couple odd dozen crocus out to this stage,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstcrocus201401_zpse149e362.jpg
they just need some sun to open fully.

Been out in the hedge-banks for weeks here.

But where is "Here"?

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 01-02-2014 10:12 PM

First Daff

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 14:00:34 +0000, David Hill wrote:

I've got to check the listings for which variety is which but I nipped
out between bouts of rain and took these pictures.

Anything sticking it's head up that high would have had it blow off
by the F8/F9 that has been blowing most of today.

Had a inch or two of snow yesteday, but today has only been rain with
some sleet lashing against the windows.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Sacha[_11_] 01-02-2014 10:39 PM

First Daff

On 2014-02-01 17:38:01 +0000, David Hill said:

On 01/02/2014 15:41, Derek Turner wrote:
On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 14:00:34 +0000, David Hill wrote:

I've got to check the listings for which variety is which but I nipped
out between bouts of rain and took these pictures.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstdaffs201401_zpsfc07d44b.jpg
This variety is about 7 days ahead of the next one.
With luck in their 2nd year they will be earlier.
There are almost a couple odd dozen crocus out to this stage,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...014%20flowers/

firstcrocus201401_zpse149e362.jpg
they just need some sun to open fully.

Been out in the hedge-banks for weeks here.

But where is "Here"?

Jersey.
--

Sacha