GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning rhubarb (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209173-pruning-rhubarb.html)

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 14-02-2014 10:46 PM

Pruning rhubarb

I have just received some plants, with a leaftlet about care, which
included pruning - including for strawberries and rhubarb. You
will be glad to know that rhubarb does not require pruning.

There probably ARE people who need to know that :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Janet 14-02-2014 11:34 PM

Pruning rhubarb

In article ,
says...

I have just received some plants, with a leaftlet about care, which
included pruning - including for strawberries and rhubarb. You
will be glad to know that rhubarb does not require pruning.

There probably ARE people who need to know that :-)

I just checked mine and found the Rhubarb Police must have been round
(without showing me a warrant) and pruned it to the ground.. every leaf
confiscated. Surely, they should have offered me the branches, same as
if they pruned my damsons?
Have all our human rights left, was it all just pie in the sky?

Janet

'Mike'[_4_] 15-02-2014 08:09 AM

Pruning rhubarb

"Janet" wrote in message
t...

In article ,
says...

I have just received some plants, with a leaftlet about care, which
included pruning - including for strawberries and rhubarb. You
will be glad to know that rhubarb does not require pruning.

There probably ARE people who need to know that :-)

I just checked mine and found the Rhubarb Police must have been round
(without showing me a warrant) and pruned it to the ground.. every leaf
confiscated. Surely, they should have offered me the branches, same as
if they pruned my damsons?
Have all our human rights left, was it all just pie in the sky?

Janet

Rhubarb Pie ?

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk
www.nsrafa.org

David Hill 15-02-2014 09:05 AM

Pruning rhubarb

On 14/02/2014 22:46, Nick Maclaren wrote:
I have just received some plants, with a leaftlet about care, which
included pruning - including for strawberries and rhubarb. You
will be glad to know that rhubarb does not require pruning.

There probably ARE people who need to know that :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

You surprise me.
I thought that you had to prune out all flowering shoots.

Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] 15-02-2014 10:20 AM

Pruning rhubarb

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:05:59 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

On 14/02/2014 22:46, Nick Maclaren wrote:
I have just received some plants, with a leaftlet about care, which
included pruning - including for strawberries and rhubarb. You
will be glad to know that rhubarb does not require pruning.

There probably ARE people who need to know that :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

You surprise me.
I thought that you had to prune out all flowering shoots.

I have never done that but still get lots of rhubarb.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

News[_2_] 20-02-2014 10:24 AM

Pruning rhubarb

On 15/02/2014 09:05, David Hill wrote:

You surprise me.
I thought that you had to prune out all flowering shoots.

Certainly any suckers that seem to start below ground

--
regards
andy

David Hill 20-02-2014 03:11 PM

Pruning rhubarb

On 20/02/2014 10:24, News wrote:
On 15/02/2014 09:05, David Hill wrote:

You surprise me.
I thought that you had to prune out all flowering shoots.

Certainly any suckers that seem to start below ground

Just a thought.
If you pick and dry your plumbs is this also Pruning?

News[_2_] 20-02-2014 03:24 PM

Pruning rhubarb

On 20/02/2014 15:11, David Hill wrote:
On 20/02/2014 10:24, News wrote:

Certainly any suckers that seem to start below ground

Just a thought.
If you pick and dry your plumbs is this also Pruning?

Not bad:)

But no, I think that your version above is lead-ing. Straight up.

--
regards
andy

sacha 20-02-2014 04:36 PM

Pruning rhubarb

On 2014-02-20 15:11:10 +0000, David Hill said:

On 20/02/2014 10:24, News wrote:
On 15/02/2014 09:05, David Hill wrote:

You surprise me.
I thought that you had to prune out all flowering shoots.

Certainly any suckers that seem to start below ground

Just a thought.
If you pick and dry your plumbs is this also Pruning?

Grape idea!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com