GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchids at Kew (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209221-orchids-kew.html)

Bob Hobden 21-02-2014 06:22 PM

Orchids at Kew

Yesterday we had a guided tour of the Orchid Nursery at RBG Kew and
afterwards a demonstration on repotting orchids. I've wanted to see their
hidden nursery for decades and found it a very interesting 1 hr 45 mins and
well worth the money. Considering my own greenhouse is jam packed with
plants their greenhouses had so much space. Big wide walkways and plants
well spaced out. Interestingly for all their epiphyte orchids they use a
potting mixture or medium bark, pumice and charcoal at 1.1.1 and all of the
same size lumps.

And I want that stunning species Cymbidium!

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK