GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Algon information please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209436-algon-information-please.html)

Broadback[_3_] 27-03-2014 11:36 AM

Algon information please

Is Algon as good as the adverts say? also does it degenerate if kept a
while? What other non staining products remove moss and alga from flags
and paviours?

Flecks Walker 27-03-2014 09:09 PM

Algon information please

In article , says...

What other non staining products remove moss and alga from flags
and paviours?

Sugar soap works (diluted in water.) I used it a fortnight ago to scrub down
the back steps (slippery with algae, now clean), and emptied the bucketr over the
outdoor
mat which had moss growing in it. Algae gone and moss ded.

Janet

kay 28-03-2014 11:53 AM

I do the front steps a couple of times a year with washingup liquid and scrubbing brush. The key factor appears to be the scrubbing brush.

News[_2_] 28-03-2014 03:14 PM

Algon information please

On 27/03/2014 11:36, Broadback wrote:
Is Algon as good as the adverts say?

Well, there is no limescale build up in my washing machine any more...

--
regards andy