GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tulips - do they "revert"? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209493-tulips-do-they-revert.html)

Another John 06-04-2014 09:22 PM

Tulips - do they "revert"?

Our tulips are emerging now ... we don't remember having so many pale
yellow ones (in fact so far we have no other colour). Do they revert,
over the years, to ancestral non-specific colours?

Excuse the naive question, if it is so: we like to see a few tulips in
among the daffs etc., but we've never made a specific effort to plant a
display of them.

Cheers
John

David Hill 06-04-2014 10:07 PM

Tulips - do they "revert"?

On 06/04/2014 21:22, Another John wrote:
Our tulips are emerging now ... we don't remember having so many pale
yellow ones (in fact so far we have no other colour). Do they revert,
over the years, to ancestral non-specific colours?

Excuse the naive question, if it is so: we like to see a few tulips in
among the daffs etc., but we've never made a specific effort to plant a
display of them.

Cheers
John

Do you ever feed them?

Another John 07-04-2014 02:27 PM

Tulips - do they "revert"?

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

On 06/04/2014 21:22, Another John wrote:
Our tulips are emerging now ... we don't remember having so many pale
yellow ones (in fact so far we have no other colour). Do they revert,
over the years, to ancestral non-specific colours?

Do you ever feed them?

Only in the sense that we lightly Growmore our beds each year.

J.