GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden Fleece at a good price (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209496-garden-fleece-good-price.html)

T Bentley 07-04-2014 12:50 PM

Garden Fleece at a good price

Would anyone know from where to buy the most reasonably priced garden fleece
rolls please?

Derek[_6_] 07-04-2014 02:05 PM

Garden Fleece at a good price

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 12:50:44 +0100, "T Bentley"
wrote:

Would anyone know from where to buy the most reasonably priced garden fleece
rolls please?

I bought 100m from ebay, lots of choice.

David Hill 07-04-2014 03:30 PM

wrote:

Would anyone know from where to buy the most reasonably priced garden fleece
rolls please?

I bought 100m from ebay, lots of choice.

Just beware of cheap knock off's, it's best to buy a known brand.
Last year I bought 6 rolls of Weed Control Fabric on e bay, it cost
about £3.00 a roll less than the Tenax Weed Control Fabric I had bought
before.
Within 6 to 8 weeks of being put down it had rotted with the sunlight,
and the rain beat it to hell.
The first picture was taken at the beginning of July,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps9d4457f7.jpg

The 2nd was taken 8th August
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc4ac74c0.jpg

The tenax I had put down in 2010 had no damage and is still going strong
today
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7bc5d236.jpg

David @ a now clearing side of Swansea Bay

T Bentley 07-04-2014 07:55 PM

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. have found these rolls on ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...=0&_fro m=R40

I see Tenax make fleece, but it seems a bit expensive. I am ignorant as to
what are other good makes of fleece at a good price. Any further advice is
most welcome. Thanks.

David Hill 07-04-2014 08:19 PM

wrote:

[...]

"Yuzet" now there's a brand I wouldn't touch.
Decide how much you want,
How many years will 100m last you,
I'd try the Gardman lot, not expensive and you will have over 60ft to
play with.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gardman-Fr...item2333dc1198