Old 08-04-2014, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rat buried on freshly dug allotment

Have just newly arrived on an allotment. The ground has been well looked
after by the previous tenant and we dug it all over in the first week.

Now in the second weekm we have just found a dead rat buried quite shallowly
in the ground we dug the week before.

Is there the possibility that it was buried there by an animal? ( the
allotment borders on some natural ground that contains foxes) or is it more
likely by a neighbouring allotment tenant, some of whom we have not yet met.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"T James" wrote ...

Have just newly arrived on an allotment. The ground has been well looked
after by the previous tenant and we dug it all over in the first week.

Now in the second weekm we have just found a dead rat buried quite
shallowly in the ground we dug the week before.

Is there the possibility that it was buried there by an animal? ( the
allotment borders on some natural ground that contains foxes) or is it more
likely by a neighbouring allotment tenant, some of whom we have not yet
met.

We had exactly the same some years back, we arrived and found a dead rat
looking at us out of the ground, the rest of it was buried. I assumed a Fox.
Also had two perfect looking gammon steaks buried which I brought up with my
fork, bit of a shock, and a number of whole eggs, both chicken and duck
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"T James" wrote ...

[...]

Bob thanks for that. puts our mind at rest. thought i might have made
enemies in
just one week.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014 20:44:11 +0100, "T James"
wrote:

Have just newly arrived on an allotment. The ground has been well looked
after by the previous tenant and we dug it all over in the first week.

Now in the second weekm we have just found a dead rat buried quite shallowly
in the ground we dug the week before.

Is there the possibility that it was buried there by an animal? ( the
allotment borders on some natural ground that contains foxes) or is it more
likely by a neighbouring allotment tenant, some of whom we have not yet met.

I found a chicken once buried on my allotment. Headless with feet only
visible above the soil. I pulled and up it came!

Pam in Bristol
Old 17-04-2014, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:44:57 +0100, "T James"

Regards. Bob Hobden.

Bob thanks for that. puts our mind at rest. thought i might have made
enemies in
just one week.

When you find the horse head you should worry.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk