Old 11-04-2014, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fish blood and bone on top of soil

We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:41:39 +0100, "T James"
wrote:

We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

IME, foxes will excavate, looking for carrion.

JonH
Old 11-04-2014, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/04/2014 10:41, T James wrote:
We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

Work it into the soil and then water.
Pete C
adventure before dementure
http://www.scar-crockenhill.org/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Secon...57749060989952
Old 12-04-2014, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/04/2014 10:41, T James wrote:
We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

Who knows, depends where you are.
Here if I did that then the foxes would be digging looking for the food,
I can't even dig it in as they still think there is food around.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay