GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Buddleia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209661-buddleia.html)

Charlie2 04-05-2014 08:23 PM

Buddleia

Pruned Aunts out of control Buddleia took lots of cuttings thick and thin, in leaf and plain no leaves. All dipped in hormone powder.

Potted some in plastic pots and some in the wheelie bin sieved compost (not a nicked council bin I bought the bin its smaller than the councils).

The plain stems in the plastic posts produced red leaves up the stems but the ones in the wheelie bin compost produced GREEN leaves. Used same compost for all. So why potted ones red leaves with the bin ones green leaves?. I am giving them to the local children's nursery my grandson attended, so they can sell them with other plants on their 'Open day'. It helps them to replace the broken toys I can't repair. So I have to be right on these otherwise the customer will ask for a refund.

Many thanks Charlie2.