Old 03-06-2014, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shredder for Holly clippings

On 03/06/2014 15:15, Tim Watts wrote:
On 03/06/14 14:49, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
AL-KO 2500TCS

Thanks for that - from which I found the AL-KO 4000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHm7Tj4vlxI

That actually looks like it might work...

Also in the £500 range though...

Another vote here for Al-ko; we bought their Silent Power 4000 several
years ago and it's still going strong. Will chomp through branches up to
40mm diameter or so in no time flat - you can soon get rid of enormous
piles of hedge trimmings and other prunings. It's certainly more than
earned its keep - the best bit of kit we ever bought for the garden,
afaic, and was well worth every penny. I'd definitely get another
whenever this one finally does give up the ghost.

--
Sue
Old 03-06-2014, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Indigo wrote:

On 03/06/2014 15:15, Tim Watts wrote:
On 03/06/14 14:49, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
AL-KO 2500TCS

Thanks for that - from which I found the AL-KO 4000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHm7Tj4vlxI

That actually looks like it might work...

Also in the £500 range though...

Another vote here for Al-ko; we bought their Silent Power 4000 several
years ago and it's still going strong. Will chomp through branches up to
40mm diameter or so in no time flat - you can soon get rid of enormous
piles of hedge trimmings and other prunings. It's certainly more than
earned its keep - the best bit of kit we ever bought for the garden,
afaic, and was well worth every penny. I'd definitely get another
whenever this one finally does give up the ghost.

For some time I have had, and been very pleased with, an Alko
SP5000, cog type. It has recently needed the capacitor replacing,
but that was reasonably easy and inexpensive.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:36:11 AM UTC+1, wrote:

I suppose the only other alternative is to burn them, does holly burn well ?

Very well but with some smoke.

Jonathan

When is a shredder not a shredder - when it's a crusher! Dave United Kingdom 1 11-09-2006 09:11 AM
Yaupon Holly (and other holly questions) Susan Hogarth North Carolina 5 11-01-2005 05:16 PM
Plant Clippings Available Dustin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Grass Clippings Paul Smart Australia 7 29-03-2003 04:32 PM
can I start a fig tree from clippings? mark s Gardening 1 17-02-2003 04:15 AM