Old 08-06-2014, 02:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Malware in news

On 07/06/2014 22:26, Bob Hobden wrote:
"alan" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

Are you sure that page was genuine? All the links could be to install
Malware!

Absolutely certain it's genuine and all the links are correct.

They claim to be the UK’s leading source of unbiased, factual and
easy-to-understand information on online safety. The site has been
registered by Ken Yap in Essex, UK

Yet clicking on one of those "correct" links gives:

"You are now leaving an official website of the United State Government
(USG), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the United States
Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT). Links to non-USG, non-DHS
and non-US-CERT sites are provided for the visitor's convenience and do
not represent an endorsement by USG, DHS or US-CERT of any commercial or
private issues, products or services. Note that the privacy policy of
the linked site may differ from that of USG, DHS and US-CERT."

Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan" wrote
They claim to be the UK’s leading source of unbiased, factual and
easy-to-understand information on online safety. The site has been
registered by Ken Yap in Essex, UK

Yet clicking on one of those "correct" links gives:

"You are now leaving an official website of the United State Government
(USG), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the United States
Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT). Links to non-USG, non-DHS and
non-US-CERT sites are provided for the visitor's convenience and do not
represent an endorsement by USG, DHS or US-CERT of any commercial or
private issues, products or services. Note that the privacy policy of the
linked site may differ from that of USG, DHS and US-CERT."

Perhaps you ought to simply find out what Getsafeonline.org is.....(I
thought everyone knew as I've known it for years!)

"Get Safe Online is a jointly funded initiative between several Government
departments and private sector businesses. In fact, we are the Government’s
preferred online security advice channel."

https://www.getsafeonline.org/partners-and-supporters/ shows you who is
involved.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote
The Symantec link isn't correct unless you have a 64 bit computer.

Perhaps you aught to let them know, my PC is 64 bit so it's OK for me.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 08/06/2014 16:40, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Martin" wrote
The Symantec link isn't correct unless you have a 64 bit computer.

Perhaps you aught to let them know, my PC is 64 bit so it's OK for me.

Shouldn't they be the experts in getting security issues correct?

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 12:48 PM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 09:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 07:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 05:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 03:32 AM