GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bees V Spiders (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209908-re-bees-v-spiders.html)

Spider[_3_] 06-06-2014 10:20 PM

Bees V Spiders

On 02/06/2014 18:37, 'Mike' wrote:
and the Bees are losing. Anybody else notice that?

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

I have plenty of both.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

news 10-06-2014 11:29 AM

Bees V Spiders

On 06/06/2014 22:20, Spider wrote:

I have plenty of both.

The tits have abandoned the nesting box that they used to use - too much
predation about:(

However, at the weekend I discovered that it has been taken over by bees
- and it seems to be heaving with them. Looking into the hole (from a
short distance), all you can see is bees.

They aren't 'domestic' honey bees, but they look more like honey bees
than most bumbles although it is too small for a full comb or typical
swarm. I'm really pleased they have honored us with their presence.

--
regards andy