GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weedkiller for Wood Avens (Geum Urbanum) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210055-weedkiller-wood-avens-geum-urbanum.html)

No Name 22-06-2014 06:32 AM

Weedkiller for Wood Avens (Geum Urbanum)

Dear All,
I have a lot of this weed along with many others in my garden,
especially on a rockery where they are hard to pull out with their
roots. I sprayed Glyphosate 5 weeks ago and got a good kill on grass,
thistles and other types of weed but the Wood Avens has hardly been
affected, just leaves yellowing a little in some cases. Does it have
an immunity to Glyphosate I wonder? Glyphosate it attractive because
it deactivates on absorption by the soil and so does not obstruct
re-planting but I am willing to try another type, eg. brushwood
(hormone) weedkiller. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences
to trade?

Thanks
Tom Crane

Ps. The email address in the header is just a spam-trap.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 22-06-2014 08:57 AM

] wrote in message
[...]

Spot treat with Glysophate about 7 days apart, make sure you get all the
leaves wet.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 22-06-2014 08:58 AM

] wrote in message
[...]

Spot treat with Glyphosate about 7 days apart, make sure you get all the
leaves wet.