Old 26-06-2014, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Prospect Cottage

We went to Rye today (gorgeous) and later drove to Dungeness to see the
garden at Prospect Cottage. You can't actually walk onto the property
but the road runs right past it and apparently, the current owner,
Jarman's former partner, is very good-natured about people stopping to
look. There didn't seem to be anyone there today (all blinds drawn) and
we're told it's a holiday home, so we took some photos. It's amazing
what you can do with some bits of sentinel-like driftwood, large beach
stones, some sleepers and a creative eye that uses those and the plants
that would grow there naturally. I loved it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 26-06-2014, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/06/2014 16:47, sacha wrote:
We went to Rye today (gorgeous) and later drove to Dungeness to see the
garden at Prospect Cottage. You can't actually walk onto the property
but the road runs right past it and apparently, the current owner,
Jarman's former partner, is very good-natured about people stopping to
look. There didn't seem to be anyone there today (all blinds drawn) and
we're told it's a holiday home, so we took some photos. It's amazing
what you can do with some bits of sentinel-like driftwood, large beach
stones, some sleepers and a creative eye that uses those and the plants
that would grow there naturally. I loved it.

You didn't take a trip on the railway?
Old 26-06-2014, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-06-26 16:35:30 +0000, David Hill said:

On 26/06/2014 16:47, sacha wrote:
We went to Rye today (gorgeous) and later drove to Dungeness to see the
garden at Prospect Cottage. You can't actually walk onto the property
but the road runs right past it and apparently, the current owner,
Jarman's former partner, is very good-natured about people stopping to
look. There didn't seem to be anyone there today (all blinds drawn) and
we're told it's a holiday home, so we took some photos. It's amazing
what you can do with some bits of sentinel-like driftwood, large beach
stones, some sleepers and a creative eye that uses those and the plants
that would grow there naturally. I loved it.

You didn't take a trip on the railway?

No but we saw it go past! Should have done but it was time to head back.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com