Old 18-07-2014, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ugh

On 2014-07-17 19:44:51 +0000, philgurr said:

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 17/07/2014 09:04, Nick Maclaren wrote:
While removing chickweed from a patch of my vegetable garden,
I had the displeasure of grabbing hold of what proved to be a
13-slug gang-bang. Sizable ones, too.

I think I need new glasses. I hurriedly read your post as "grabbing
a 13-amp plug", and wondered what that was doing in the garden. But
I reckon the shock from grabbing that would be far less than what
you'd experienced! Slugs really are disgusting creatures.

It's all a matter of perception really, and I share the revulsion of
others.
But I do wonder what our reaction would be if slugs could sing!

Ardmhor

Sheer terror. It's bad enough that they're slithering round creating
silent havoc. Noisy havoc would be beyond reason.

Ah!
Just think of the songs they would sing

Slime in love with you baby
Slip sliding away
just for starters, I'm sure there are plenty more
Old 18-07-2014, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-07-17 19:44:51 +0000, philgurr said:

[...]

Aaaagh! It gets worse! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 21-07-2014, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:40:19 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:04:11 +0100 (BST),
(Nick
Maclaren) wrote:

While removing chickweed from a patch of my vegetable garden,
I had the displeasure of grabbing hold of what proved to be a
13-slug gang-bang. Sizable ones, too.

What a year!

My wife put out saucers of beer for the slugs before we went on holiday for 10
days. On our return there was a nasty smell in the garden caused by decomposing
slugs.

My other half collects slugs in a bucket with a drop of water and
some leaves and lets them decompose, then makes some evil smelling
concoction that is supposed to be a homebrew nematode remedy.
Walked home recently and on the approach thought it strange that the
nearby farm was dung spreading in June,then thought it even stranger
that missus was in the front flowerbed spraying a Honeysuckle scent
aerosol when the area had some of the real thing growing.
Turned out she had decided to spread some of her slug mix around only
to have our neighbour complaining bitterly over the fence that her
house stunk and who nearby was getting got their septic tank pumped
out in the evening not twigging that the source of the pong was the
watering can the missus was still holding.

G.Harman

I got slugs in the bedroom, I think ,I have never seen one but there are
slime trails around, can not catch them at it.
Old 21-07-2014, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , F Murtz wrote:

I got slugs in the bedroom, I think ,I have never seen one but there are
slime trails around, can not catch them at it.

But did they catch you at it? :-)

We have that problem, too, though not in our (upstairs) bedroom;
mainly in the kitchen.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 21-07-2014, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Maclaren) wrote:

[...]

Don't say they are to fast for you to catch

Old 21-07-2014, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote

, F Murtz wrote:

damduck-egg wrote:
Martin wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:

[...]

We used to get that in our kitchen.

We sometimes get the trails and a dried up slug indoors, I couldn't
understand it until I saw one drop off the cat as he came in from the garden
one night.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 21-07-2014, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:

We have that problem, too, though not in our (upstairs) bedroom;
mainly in the kitchen.

Do you know how they get into your kitchen?

Through the drainage gap in the door seal, mainly.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 21-07-2014, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:23:29 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

We sometimes get the trails and a dried up slug indoors, I couldn't
understand it until I saw one drop off the cat as he came in from the garden
one night.

I read that slightly wrong and thought it must have been hell of a
big, fast slug to catch the cat!

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Old 21-07-2014, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/07/14 10:44, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article , F Murtz wrote:

I got slugs in the bedroom, I think ,I have never seen one but there are
slime trails around, can not catch them at it.

But did they catch you at it? :-)

We have that problem, too, though not in our (upstairs) bedroom;
mainly in the kitchen.

Ah, so it isn't just my kitchen.

I've watched one of the big b*gg*rs dribble a slug pellet right across
the vinyl floor. Should have been playing for England.

Old 22-07-2014, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/07/2014 08:10, Martin wrote:

In article , F Murtz wrote:

I got slugs in the bedroom, I think ,I have never seen one but there are
slime trails around, can not catch them at it.

But did they catch you at it? :-)

We have that problem, too, though not in our (upstairs) bedroom;
mainly in the kitchen.

Ah, so it isn't just my kitchen.

I've watched one of the big b*gg*rs dribble a slug pellet right across
the vinyl floor. Should have been playing for England.

or part of the MasterChef team.

Looking at the world cup results he may have been in the team.

Old 22-07-2014, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , F Murtz wrote:

I got slugs in the bedroom, I think ,I have never seen one but there are
slime trails around, can not catch them at it.

But did they catch you at it? :-)

We have that problem, too, though not in our (upstairs) bedroom;
mainly in the kitchen.

Ah, so it isn't just my kitchen.

I've watched one of the big b*gg*rs dribble a slug pellet right across
the vinyl floor. Should have been playing for England.

I thought he was, along with 10 friends.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Ugh, I am a backlogged idiot Benign Vanilla Ponds 0 03-12-2004 06:30 PM
UGH! Snails! Troy Bruder Freshwater Aquaria Plants 38 18-02-2004 09:54 AM
UGH! Snails! Troy Bruder Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 09-02-2004 05:42 PM
Stinking Fungus-UGH KPDOBES Gardening 2 03-06-2003 05:08 AM
ugh - all my roses are yellow torgo Roses 0 16-04-2003 06:08 PM