GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   And again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210321-again.html)

Sacha[_11_] 25-07-2014 07:04 AM

And again

another glorious day! Apparently, there was a lot of rain all round us
yesterday but not one drop fell here. The sun is out in full strength
this morning and I hope it stays that way, rather than yesterday's
wretched humidity!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Jeff Layman[_2_] 25-07-2014 10:15 AM

And again

On 25/07/2014 07:04, Sacha wrote:
another glorious day! Apparently, there was a lot of rain all round us
yesterday but not one drop fell here. The sun is out in full strength
this morning and I hope it stays that way, rather than yesterday's
wretched humidity!

Been very uncomfortable here in South Hampshire. Evidently reached
30.6°C at Lee-on-Solent yesterday.

--

Jeff

Emery Davis[_3_] 25-07-2014 01:43 PM

And again

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:04:37 +0100, Sacha wrote:

another glorious day! Apparently, there was a lot of rain all round us
yesterday but not one drop fell here. The sun is out in full strength
this morning and I hope it stays that way, rather than yesterday's
wretched humidity!

We had the same, except all the rain was a few miles south and west.
Stood outside and watched the lightning for a while, and the wind picked
up nicely and blew the humidity out, but not a drop. I looked on the
rain radar and there was a very large blob of red which stayed active for
some hours but never really moved much. I shall be watering this evening!

Pretty hot and humid again today, though not as bad as yesterday.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

David Rance[_3_] 25-07-2014 09:23 PM

And again

In message , Emery Davis
writes

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:04:37 +0100, Sacha wrote:

another glorious day! Apparently, there was a lot of rain all round us
yesterday but not one drop fell here. The sun is out in full strength
this morning and I hope it stays that way, rather than yesterday's
wretched humidity!

We had the same, except all the rain was a few miles south and west.
Stood outside and watched the lightning for a while, and the wind picked
up nicely and blew the humidity out, but not a drop. I looked on the
rain radar and there was a very large blob of red which stayed active for
some hours but never really moved much. I shall be watering this evening!

Pretty hot and humid again today, though not as bad as yesterday.

The temperature in Le Mesnil Villement yesterday reached 30 degrees but
only 27 today - exactly what the French forecast predicted. I've never
thought the French forecasts were particularly accurate but on this
occasion they were spot on!

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France