Old 21-08-2014, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomorite Bargain

"Judith in England" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:08:19 +0100, "Muddymike"

wrote:

1 litre : £1.99

B&M

Check the concentration/dilution rate. B&M are very good at specifying
products that look to be the same as everywhere else but have lower

content.
I know I supply them.

Mike

I have checked the Tomorite and as far as I can see it is identical to

that
purchased elsewhere.

I can understand companies supplying boxes/bottles for B&M which contains

less
than the norm; but to actually alter the make up of the contents would be

sharp
practice in the extreme. Can you give examples.

I use Eazifeed liquid feed for tomatoes. A 500 ml bottle makes up 155 L at
the correct dilution. That bottle is sold for 99p in 99p discount stores.
Not sure how that directly compares to Tomorite, but I'm willing to bet it's
a lot cheaper.I use it for feeding my container roses and they appreciate
it.

Old 22-08-2014, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Why do all tomato feeds seem to be liquid? Sulphate of potash comes in a
solid form, so what is it that we can't mix with water ourselves?
Old 22-08-2014, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:

Why do all tomato feeds seem to be liquid? Sulphate of potash comes in a
solid form, so what is it that we can't mix with water ourselves?

Water is cheap, so the profit margin is high. I tried looking for
a low-nitrogen fertiliser in solid form, and came up with a
complete blank. Yes, I could make one up, but getting hold of
the minor nutrients would be a real pain :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 22-08-2014, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 21/08/2014 20:22, FrankB wrote:
I use Eazifeed liquid feed for tomatoes. A 500 ml bottle makes up 155 L

at
the correct dilution. That bottle is sold for 99p in 99p discount

stores.
Not sure how that directly compares to Tomorite, but I'm willing to bet

it's
a lot cheaper.I use it for feeding my container roses and they

appreciate
it.

Why do all tomato feeds seem to be liquid? Sulphate of potash comes in a
solid form, so what is it that we can't mix with water ourselves?

But that's just potash - K There's still the Nitrogen -N and Phosphorus -
P elements to apply. So liquid tomato feed (which is really just a high
potash feed) is a convenient way which can be used cheaply (but not by using
Tomorite IMO).

Old 22-08-2014, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/08/2014 15:20, FrankB wrote:
[...]

So in theory you could just add extra potash to standard growmore? I
just find it easier to sprinkle solids and mostly I don't remember the
feed till I've just done the watering :-(

"Tomorite" judith[_2_] United Kingdom 17 17-07-2007 02:35 PM
Tomorite? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 8 27-06-2006 11:10 AM
30" Tall LAWN AND GARDEN SPECCAST MODELS on EBAY. Bargain!!! Louis Roses 0 26-04-2004 04:18 PM
30" Tall LAWN AND GARDEN SPECCAST MODELS on EBAY. Bargain!!! Louis Edible Gardening 0 26-04-2004 04:18 PM
(LONG) Klamath water deal no bargain for U.S. Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 22-03-2003 10:56 PM