Old 18-08-2014, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomorite Bargain

1 litre : £1.99

B&M

Old 18-08-2014, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

1 litre : £1.99

B&M

Check the concentration/dilution rate. B&M are very good at specifying
products that look to be the same as everywhere else but have lower content.
I know I supply them.

Mike

Old 18-08-2014, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:08:19 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

1 litre : £1.99

B&M

Check the concentration/dilution rate. B&M are very good at specifying
products that look to be the same as everywhere else but have lower content.
I know I supply them.

Mike

What a darling little deception - sounds very like the sort of thing in which
trading standards would interested.
Old 18-08-2014, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Benjamin wrote:

Muddymike wrote:

Check the concentration/dilution rate. B&M are very good at specifying
products that look to be the same as everywhere else but have lower content.

What a darling little deception - sounds very like the sort of thing in which
trading standards would interested.

I doubt it, providing it's accurately labelled - caveat emptor.

Old 18-08-2014, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

1 litre : £1.99

B&M

Check the concentration/dilution rate. B&M are very good at specifying
products that look to be the same as everywhere else but have lower content.
I know I supply them.

Mike

I have checked the Tomorite and as far as I can see it is identical to that
purchased elsewhere.

I can understand companies supplying boxes/bottles for B&M which contains less
than the norm; but to actually alter the make up of the contents would be sharp
practice in the extreme. Can you give examples.

Old 18-08-2014, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:25:55 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Benjamin wrote:

Muddymike wrote:

Check the concentration/dilution rate. B&M are very good at specifying
products that look to be the same as everywhere else but have lower content.

What a darling little deception - sounds very like the sort of thing in which
trading standards would interested.

I doubt it, providing it's accurately labelled - caveat emptor.

I would like to see examples: if the bottles appeared to be identical content
(other than perhaps volume) but were made up of different percentages of the
constituent parts - then I would consider it sharp practice which would
warrant much bad publicity. I am looking forward to examples from MuddyMike.
Old 18-08-2014, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in England wrote:

I would like to see examples:

Goes on all the time, it's not unusual for pack sizes in pound stores to
be about 10% smaller than elsewhere; Adsa seem to sell all bagels in
packs of 4, everyone else sells them in 5's.

Old 18-08-2014, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Morrison's will sell a multi-pack for more than two/four individual ones.
Tinned Tuna, Rich Tea biscuits just two

Mike

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 20th August 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’

Old 18-08-2014, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:09:57 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

I would like to see examples:

Goes on all the time, it's not unusual for pack sizes in pound stores to
be about 10% smaller than elsewhere; Adsa seem to sell all bagels in
packs of 4, everyone else sells them in 5's.

Please read what I said: I know damn well it goes on with pack sizes - I was
not aware that the constituent percentages may vary which is what was claimed.
Old 18-08-2014, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:19:41 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Morrison's will sell a multi-pack for more than two/four individual ones.
Tinned Tuna, Rich Tea biscuits just two

Flipping heck!!

No-one is disputing that at all !!!

It is the constituent components of apparently the same product varying which
is what was claimed.

This is what was suggested may be happening with the cheaper Tomorite.

I am still looking forward to examples of such - I have never seen such things
myself.

Old 18-08-2014, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in England wrote:

It is the constituent components of apparently the same product varying which
is what was claimed.

Within a gardening context, roundup would be a good example.

Old 18-08-2014, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:35:05 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

It is the constituent components of apparently the same product varying which
is what was claimed.

Within a gardening context, roundup would be a good example.

Are you are saying that roundup in apparently the same bottle and packaging is
sold in "bargain shops" as a less effective solution - watered down or
different make-up?
Are you sure they do not have a different name (type of Roundup) on the labels?

Old 19-08-2014, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

It is the constituent components of apparently the same product varying which
is what was claimed.

Within a gardening context, roundup would be a good example.

Are you are saying that roundup in apparently the same bottle and packaging is
sold in "bargain shops" as a less effective solution - watered down or
different make-up?
Are you sure they do not have a different name (type of Roundup) on the labels?

There seems to be a "pour" grade of Tomorite, which is cheaper than the
standard. I usually buy Wilkos own but, as ever, one has no real idea
what strength any of them are.
Old 19-08-2014, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in England wrote:

Are you are saying that roundup in apparently the same bottle and packaging is
sold in "bargain shops" as a less effective solution - watered down or
different make-up?

Not specifically "bargain shops"

Are you sure they do not have a different name (type of Roundup) on the labels?

I'm sure they *do* have accurate info in the small print, but the
headline label doesn't tell you whether the pack contains 7.2g/ml,
120g/ml or 360g/ml, they have several different phrases for the same
strength (Ready to Use, Concentrate, GC, Ultra 3000, XL, Super
Concentrate) and of course multiple container sizes and types.

Confusion marketing, though not to the extent that e.g. one shop sells
300g/ml slightly cheaper than others sell 360g/ml.

Old 19-08-2014, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

360g/ml,

Hellish dense stuff, this Roundup!

:-)

"Tomorite" judith[_2_] United Kingdom 17 17-07-2007 02:35 PM
Tomorite? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 8 27-06-2006 11:10 AM
30" Tall LAWN AND GARDEN SPECCAST MODELS on EBAY. Bargain!!! Louis Roses 0 26-04-2004 04:18 PM
30" Tall LAWN AND GARDEN SPECCAST MODELS on EBAY. Bargain!!! Louis Edible Gardening 0 26-04-2004 04:18 PM
(LONG) Klamath water deal no bargain for U.S. Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 22-03-2003 10:56 PM