GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When is it safe to remove carrot fly protection? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210572-when-safe-remove-carrot-fly-protection.html)

Chris[_3_] 01-09-2014 07:02 PM

When is it safe to remove carrot fly protection?

When is it safe to remove carrot fly protection?

I have put frames of VeggieMesh over the carrots.
They seem to work as the carrot leaves are a clear green with no
yellowing.
I would now like to use those frames over brassicas.
When would it be safe to do so?
--
Chris

David Hill 01-09-2014 07:48 PM

On 01/09/2014 19:02, Chris wrote:
When is it safe to remove carrot fly protection?

I have put frames of VeggieMesh over the carrots.
They seem to work as the carrot leaves are a clear green with no yellowing.
I would now like to use those frames over brassicas.
When would it be safe to do so?

They always used to say that carrot fly were around when the cow parsley
was in flower.
Should be safe now.