Old 02-09-2014, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Ophelia

Sorry, Ophelia, I've tried to look at that first plum pic, but can only
get tinypic ads and not your image. Will try again on JD's old thread
later. Hope to see you there.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 02-09-2014, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
Sorry, Ophelia, I've tried to look at that first plum pic, but can only
get tinypic ads and not your image. Will try again on JD's old thread
later. Hope to see you there.

Oh crumbs! I always clear them out once they have been viewed. As soon as
I saw this mail I rushed out and have taken two more!!!

http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9lf/3
http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9l5/3

Sorry, I hope these will suffice. If not I can always take some more

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 02/09/2014 16:35, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
Sorry, Ophelia, I've tried to look at that first plum pic, but can
only get tinypic ads and not your image. Will try again on JD's old
thread later. Hope to see you there.

Oh crumbs! I always clear them out once they have been viewed. As
soon as I saw this mail I rushed out and have taken two more!!!

http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9lf/3
http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9l5/3

Sorry, I hope these will suffice. If not I can always take some more

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the tree;
alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic. Sorry, you'll
probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(. I'll look in tomorrow.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
Sorry, Ophelia, I've tried to look at that first plum pic, but can
only get tinypic ads and not your image. Will try again on JD's old
thread later. Hope to see you there.

Oh crumbs! I always clear them out once they have been viewed. As
soon as I saw this mail I rushed out and have taken two more!!!

http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9lf/3
http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9l5/3

Sorry, I hope these will suffice. If not I can always take some more

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the tree;
alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic. Sorry, you'll
probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(. I'll look in
tomorrow.

Righteo! I will take a pic of the bottom part tomorrow.

Thanks))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 03-09-2014, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Ophelia (plum stub)

"Ophelia" wrote in message

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the tree;
alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic. Sorry, you'll
probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(. I'll look in
tomorrow.

I took several pics until I realised it might be this bit: ?

http://tinypic.com/m/i70d1v/3

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/09/2014 14:10, Ophelia wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the
tree; alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic.
Sorry, you'll probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(.
I'll look in tomorrow.

I took several pics until I realised it might be this bit: ?

http://tinypic.com/m/i70d1v/3

Thanks for that, Ophelia. That could very well be it. I thought it was
even more torn than that but, once you start pruning all the stubs out,
you will either recognise another bad tear (if it's there), or have
pruned all the bad stuff out. You can see from your pic how a bad cut
dies back instead of healing over. If you don't cut back to the collar,
that tissue damage will keep dying back until it meets the collar.
Although collars do heal when the cut is correct, a very bad case of
dieback can just keep going. In this case, it will enter the trunk:~(.
This is why it's so important to make the cut in the right place.
Good luck with your pruning. Don't worry about using a sealant paint on
the cuts you leave (they're as capable of sealing gremlins in as sealing
them out); just keep your tools clean as you work - and after you've
finished.

I'll look in later just in case you have any worries.
Lovely sunny day here, so I'm off to mow my lawn.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 03-09-2014, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

[...]

Once again, thank very much, Spider!!!! That will certainly help when we
start to prune!

Best

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 04-09-2014, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:10:27 +0100, "Ophelia" wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the tree;
alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic. Sorry, you'll
probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(. I'll look in
tomorrow.

I took several pics until I realised it might be this bit: ?

http://tinypic.com/m/i70d1v/3

Have you considered focusing the camera before you take the shots?

Old 04-09-2014, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith, was that bit of sarcasm really required?

We have a principle poster who does enough of that sort of thing.

Mike

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 10th September 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’

Old 04-09-2014, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the tree;
alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic. Sorry, you'll
probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(. I'll look in
tomorrow.

I took several pics until I realised it might be this bit: ?

http://tinypic.com/m/i70d1v/3

Have you considered focusing the camera before you take the shots?

The picture was perfectly adequate and served its purpose. Your manners
seem to be out of focus, though, and do not serve you at all well.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the tree;
alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic. Sorry, you'll
probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(. I'll look in
tomorrow.

I took several pics until I realised it might be this bit: ?

http://tinypic.com/m/i70d1v/3

Have you considered focusing the camera before you take the shots?

The picture was perfectly adequate and served its purpose. Your
manners seem to be out of focus, though, and do not serve you at all
well.

Any bets that this will turn out to be the alter ego?!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 05-09-2014, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:35:15 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
Sorry, Ophelia, I've tried to look at that first plum pic, but can only
get tinypic ads and not your image. Will try again on JD's old thread
later. Hope to see you there.

Oh crumbs! I always clear them out once they have been viewed. As soon as
I saw this mail I rushed out and have taken two more!!!

http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9lf/3
http://tinypic.com/m/i6z9l5/3

I quite like the effect of the software you have used which turns a
colour photograph in to a silhouette. Can you tell us what it is you
use?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

They would have been ideal if the torn stub was at the top of the
tree;
alas, it is nearer the bottom, as in your first plum pic. Sorry,
you'll
probably have to take another pic tomorrow now! :~(. I'll look in
tomorrow.

I took several pics until I realised it might be this bit: ?

http://tinypic.com/m/i70d1v/3

Have you considered focusing the camera before you take the shots?

The picture was perfectly adequate and served its purpose. Your
manners seem to be out of focus, though, and do not serve you at all
well.

Any bets that this will turn out to be the alter ego?!

Certainly someone who needs to alter their ego!
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London