GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210735-trees.html)

Jeff Layman[_2_] 10-10-2014 09:09 AM

Trees

This link to some remarkable trees was posted yesterday in rec.gardens:
http://www.duskyswondersite.com/tag/amazing-trees/

Some extraordinary photos there (maybe one or two photoshopped?). Can
anyone identify the tree in the fourth photo down - "A Corious(sic)
tree"? A species of Ailanthus, perhaps?

--

Jeff

David B 10-10-2014 09:37 AM

Trees

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
This link to some remarkable trees was posted yesterday in rec.gardens:
http://www.duskyswondersite.com/tag/amazing-trees/

Some extraordinary photos there (maybe one or two photoshopped?). Can
anyone identify the tree in the fourth photo down - "A Corious(sic) tree"?
A species of Ailanthus, perhaps?

No idea but some lovely photos there, thank you.

--
David

david 10-10-2014 10:11 AM

Trees

On 10/10/2014 09:37, David B wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
This link to some remarkable trees was posted yesterday in rec.gardens:
http://www.duskyswondersite.com/tag/amazing-trees/

Some extraordinary photos there (maybe one or two photoshopped?). Can
anyone identify the tree in the fourth photo down - "A Corious(sic)
tree"? A species of Ailanthus, perhaps?

No idea but some lovely photos there, thank you.

No Idea
But
I have my doubts about the "White cedar" with the red bulbs below
I'd have said Birch,

Bob Hobden 10-10-2014 11:11 PM

Trees

"Jeff Layman" wrote

This link to some remarkable trees was posted yesterday in rec.gardens:
http://www.duskyswondersite.com/tag/amazing-trees/

Some extraordinary photos there (maybe one or two photoshopped?). Can
anyone identify the tree in the fourth photo down - "A Corious(sic) tree"?
A species of Ailanthus, perhaps?

The first tree is real but the story is wrong, that bike was not around then
and I've seen a comment about it from the family who left it there.
The Corious Tree looks false and corious means "looking like leather".

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Pam Moore[_3_] 18-10-2014 10:05 AM

Trees

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:09:42 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

This link to some remarkable trees was posted yesterday in rec.gardens:
http://www.duskyswondersite.com/tag/amazing-trees/

Some extraordinary photos there (maybe one or two photoshopped?). Can
anyone identify the tree in the fourth photo down - "A Corious(sic)
tree"? A species of Ailanthus, perhaps?

Lovely pictures. I love trees and was amazed to recognise the clump of
windswept trees in New Zealand. I have a similar photo which I took!!!
Thank you.