Old 23-10-2014, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weird weather

We seem to be having a spate of weather that advances and retreats!
One moment it appears to threaten to rain and create all kinds of
mayhem and the next it fades away, becomes rather warmer but remains
overcast.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 24-10-2014, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
We seem to be having a spate of weather that advances and retreats! One
moment it appears to threaten to rain and create all kinds of mayhem and
the next it fades away, becomes rather warmer but remains overcast.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
www.helpforheroes.org.uk

If weird translates to grey and gloomy I would have to agree!

By the by I had a meeting yesterday, and the closure of the Duchy nursery is
confirmed, the cafe is staying open for now and there will be some bought in
stock but most of the staff are to be laid off, they will no longer
propagate, pot on or grow plants, all the trees in the adjacent fields have
now been sold off and nothing is known about what will happen to that land.
all very depressing.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 26-10-2014, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Friday, October 24, 2014 8:49:03 AM UTC+1, Charlie Pridham wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

I am really sorry to hear about Duchy Nursery but thanks for telling us Charlie.

Jenny - in Bristol
Old 27-10-2014, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

So am I, especially the job losses. I think it's a huge shame. It will
be a café with some plants for sale, perhaps. In other words, a garden
centre. What a pity.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 27-10-2014, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

Suspicion is that it will not remain even a garden centre for long and it
will be all built on.

Old 27-10-2014, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

Oh dear, that really is such a pity. I know the Duchy has a duty to
maximise its assets/profits but.... The PoW tried very hard to keep
that nursery going but obviously, it wasn't to be.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com