Old 27-10-2014, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Holly cuttings

Is there any chance of rooting holly cuttings taking at this time of
year or must I mark the interesting bushes and wait until spring?

There is a sport with huge berries I'd like to propagate from.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 27-10-2014, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Is there any chance of rooting holly cuttings taking at this time of year
or must I mark the interesting bushes and wait until spring?

There is a sport with huge berries I'd like to propagate from.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Best time for cold frame type cuttings is August to October, if you have a
mist unit then you get good results right through to February

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 30-10-2014, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Is there any chance of rooting holly cuttings taking at this time of year
or must I mark the interesting bushes and wait until spring?

There is a sport with huge berries I'd like to propagate from.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Best time for cold frame type cuttings is August to October, if you have a
mist unit then you get good results right through to February

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

I have several young hollies sprouting in my garden despite the only holly I
have seems to be a male tree with no berries.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:37:22 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Is there any chance of rooting holly cuttings taking at this time of
year
or must I mark the interesting bushes and wait until spring?

There is a sport with huge berries I'd like to propagate from.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Best time for cold frame type cuttings is August to October, if you have
mist unit then you get good results right through to February

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

I have several young hollies sprouting in my garden despite the only holly
have seems to be a male tree with no berries.

They arrive in your garden in bird poo.
--

sigh
I know. I have several young trees that have to go. Including an oak and