Old 31-10-2014, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default So are Demon

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:43:05 +0000,
David Rance wrote:
Just changing the subject line.

But not the references!

Which is not false, as the responses are still the responses... :-)

David

Michael

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]
Old 31-10-2014, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:
David Rance wrote:
Just changing the subject line.

But not the references!

Which is not false, as the responses are still the responses... :-)

He was distracted with worry about why my neighbours visited Scotland.

Yes, they might have been going there to join up with the SNP
guerrillas, who are besieging Edinburgh.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-10-2014, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote
, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
Just had a mail to tell me BT are no longer providing Usenet access,
turns out they had a tie up with Giganews which is finishing, and
suggesting we all migrate to Giganews directly (from US$4.99 to US$29.99
per month!). Makes News.individual.net look cheap.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

So are Demon. (As of sometime tomorrow, following an announcement
yesterday.)

http://help.demon.net/announcements/...-news-service/

Just changing the subject line.

After a lot of research I've decided to try Teranews at US $3.95 one off
payment and so far it's doing OK.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bt are dropping Usenet

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:42:43 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message d Wine

But then, your statement have to be disjoint. ;-)

Blame the wine.

My grandma made the best potato-salad.
... ever.

(Not on Youtube)

At the time mine made the best Yorkshire Pudding :-)

I make a very good Yorkshire pudding although I hesitate to say it's the
best in the world but it's close.
It rises through the next shelf of my oven.

My wife makes the best YP on the world.
There used to be a Scarborough hotel chef who in winter toured mainland
European
holiday exhibitions as a participant on the Yorkshire part of the British
stands. He really made the best YPs ever. On the strength of his YPs, my
Dutch
neighbours spent two weeks on a caravan holiday in the cold and rain in
Scotland one August.

When my German friend came to stay for the first time, she'd never
experienced a Yorkshire pudding. She loved it. She went home knowing how to
make one but she's a vegetarian, and a YP with a veggie meal doesn't have
quite the same impact unless you have Quorn (which only recently arrived in
her local town this year)

It's easy to fail with YP's. The secret is to have your fat almost smoking
hot before you pour the batter in your tin and then do NOT open the oven
again until it is cooked.
Don't open the oven when the YP is in there to check on your meat otherwise
you'll end up with a flat biscuit type of thing.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:46:49 +0000, David Rance

wrote:

[...]

Perhaps they should have spent the two weeks in Yorkshire. Anyone could
tell you that it is wet and cold in Scotland in August. And foggy. My
wife says so.

I endorse that. By coincidence we were in Scotland at the same time as
they
were. It was ironic that that August was one of the hottest of the century
in
Yorkshire and that they arrived and departed via Hull.

Can't quite see the logic of going to Scotland because they like
Yorkshire pudding.

They thought YP was available everywhere in UK. The YP was demonstrated
on the British stand.

And isn't it? You can even buy small ones ready made now, frozen, which
assumes you can make the rest of the roast dinner yourself.
And I'm not buying into the stereotype of "Scots only eat fried Mars Bars"
My father was Scottish and AFAIK never saw one of those, let alone ate one.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 18:08:35 -0000, Christina Websell wrote:

She went home knowing how to make one but she's a vegetarian, and a YP
with a veggie meal doesn't have quite the same impact unless you have
Quorn (which only recently arrived in her local town this year)

eh? Giant Yorkshire filled with a vegetable stew made with gravy,
winter vegies are best, carrot, parsnip, potatoe. Lovely on a winters
evening.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/11/2014 19:29, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 18:08:35 -0000, Christina Websell wrote:

She went home knowing how to make one but she's a vegetarian, and a YP
with a veggie meal doesn't have quite the same impact unless you have
Quorn (which only recently arrived in her local town this year)

eh? Giant Yorkshire filled with a vegetable stew made with gravy,
winter vegies are best, carrot, parsnip, potatoe. Lovely on a winters
evening.

Yorkshire's for a Vegetarian?
I was taught the only way to make good ones was to use Beef dripping
Old 01-11-2014, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 18:08:35 -0000, Christina Websell wrote:

She went home knowing how to make one but she's a vegetarian, and a YP
with a veggie meal doesn't have quite the same impact unless you have
Quorn (which only recently arrived in her local town this year)

eh? Giant Yorkshire filled with a vegetable stew made with gravy,
winter vegies are best, carrot, parsnip, potatoe. Lovely on a winters
evening.

--
Cheers
Dave.

And you do that, do you?

Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote

Christina Websell wrote:

She went home knowing how to make one but she's a vegetarian, and a YP
with a veggie meal doesn't have quite the same impact unless you have
Quorn (which only recently arrived in her local town this year)

eh? Giant Yorkshire filled with a vegetable stew made with gravy,
winter vegies are best, carrot, parsnip, potatoe. Lovely on a winters
evening.

Gravy on a YP, yuk, gravy is on the meat only on my plate. And don't get it
near my veg either.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
news
He was distracted with worry about why my neighbours

visited Scotland.

Why? You won't die if you visit Scotland. Unless
your one of your parents is not a Scot..

I have a Scottish father and am allowed a Tartan. Actually two. McThomas
from my father & and Mc Cleod via my grandmother.
It's very important to have a tartan if you're Scottish which ticked off a
colleague at work, who had a Scottish accent but no entitlement to a tartan
at all.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
Just had a mail to tell me BT are no longer providing Usenet access,
turns out they had a tie up with Giganews which is finishing, and
suggesting we all migrate to Giganews directly (from US$4.99 to
US$29.99
per month!). Makes News.individual.net look cheap.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

So are Demon. (As of sometime tomorrow, following an announcement
yesterday.)

http://help.demon.net/announcements/...-news-service/

Just changing the subject line.

After a lot of research I've decided to try Teranews at US $3.95 one off
payment and so far it's doing OK.
--

Good luck with Teranews. What made you decide on them? How are they at
removing the spam?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Dave Liquorice" wrote

Christina Websell wrote:

She went home knowing how to make one but she's a vegetarian, and a YP
with a veggie meal doesn't have quite the same impact unless you have
Quorn (which only recently arrived in her local town this year)

eh? Giant Yorkshire filled with a vegetable stew made with gravy,
winter vegies are best, carrot, parsnip, potatoe. Lovely on a winters
evening.

Gravy on a YP, yuk, gravy is on the meat only on my plate. And don't get
it near my veg either.
--

Nice beef gravy all over my YP.. and over my veg too
You have an unusual idea about gravy. what's the prob?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote
After a lot of research I've decided to try Teranews at US $3.95 one off
payment and so far it's doing OK.

Good luck with Teranews. What made you decide on them? How are they at
removing the spam?

Early days but so far I've yet to see any.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.