GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   do tadpoles hibernate? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210850-re-do-tadpoles-hibernate.html)

[email protected] 02-11-2014 03:48 PM

do tadpoles hibernate?

On Friday, August 25, 2000 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Susie Thompson wrote:
I went out in the garden just now with a torch to see what wildlife was
lurking in our small pond. There were a couple of large frogs and a
toad, along with all the goldfish. I was more than a little surprised
to see about thirty tadpoles, mostly without any signs of limbs growing,
in groups on the stones in the shallow bit. I would have thought that
by now most tadpoles would have done whatever the technical term is for
turning into the adult toad or frog. Is there such a thing as a second
spawning, or is it that I just haven't noticed tadpoles at the end of
August before? How late in the year can tadpoles transmogrify (if that's
the right word) themselves into adults to survive the following winter?
--
Susie Thompson
(to reply by e-mail delete nospam from my address)

check this out.....

http://northernwoodlands.org/outside...ticle/tadpoles

david 02-11-2014 05:26 PM

do tadpoles hibernate?

On 02/11/2014 15:48, wrote:
[...]

Another posting from the past
This time 2000
Now if we could get the lottery numbers from next week.................

Janet 02-11-2014 05:56 PM

do tadpoles hibernate?

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

On 02/11/2014 15:48, wrote:
[...]

LOL. I was just thinking "Funny, I never noticed a pond in their
garden".

Janet

Jeff Layman[_2_] 05-11-2014 08:14 AM

do tadpoles hibernate?

On 02/11/2014 17:26, David wrote:
On 02/11/2014 15:48, wrote:
On Friday, August 25, 2000 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Susie Thompson wrote:

Another posting from the past
This time 2000

Maybe we should start referring to them as "pastings"... :-)

--

Jeff