GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Raised Beds - Soakaway update (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210864-raised-beds-soakaway-update.html)

Judith in England 07-11-2014 09:22 AM

Raised Beds - Soakaway update

Some will remember my post re a soak-away and raised beds.
(I didn't actually ask for advise on watering the raised beds - but that was
the only thing some could concentrate on)

The soakaway was put in and turfed over: the lawn has taken well, you cannot
see where the soakaway was made. There is now no water collecting at all.

I have continued to water the raised beds during the night in exactly the same
fashion as previously - so job done.

Oh: I think the produce from the raised beds has probably been the best ever:

Leeks, onions, courgettes, runner beans and herbs.

It looks like the watering regime and drainage is spot on.