Old 11-11-2014, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shredder bonus

First a bit of back ground, for many years now whenever anyone on here has
asked for a shredder recommendation I had no hesitation in recommending my
Bosch AXT 2200 HD then about a year ago it caught fire while in use and
died, the new motors were expensive so I decide to replace it with a new
version of the same model, now while its not a bad shredder compared with
the original its much more time consuming to use (largely due to increased
safety measures such as cut out switches) Then last week while walking the
dog we met up with a couple who in conversation on hearing that we gardened
said they had a shredder they wanted shot of would we like it as they no
longer used it and it was filling up space in their shed. When we heard the
make and model and age we realized it was probably going to be the original,
so we fetched it home and today in the pouring rain it got its first test
( see picture ) Happy doesn't begin to describe it
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89219640@N04/15579737899/

(and before anyone asks it was my wife's idea to work in her kitchen!)
--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 11-11-2014, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote ...

[...]

Why do I never have luck like that!
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

(and before anyone asks it was my wife's idea to work in her kitchen!)

Hope this one doesn't catch fire!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:32:56 +0000, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Happy doesn't begin to describe it

Fantastic, good on you!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Old 12-11-2014, 02:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Charlie Pridham
writes
First a bit of back ground, for many years now whenever anyone on here
has asked for a shredder recommendation I had no hesitation in
recommending my Bosch AXT 2200 HD then about a year ago it caught fire
while in use and died, the new motors were expensive so I decide to
replace it with a new version of the same model, now while its not a
bad shredder compared with the original its much more time consuming to
use (largely due to increased safety measures such as cut out switches)

We are in the market for a shredder, what was the new one?

--
Chris French

Old 12-11-2014, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris French" wrote in message
In message , Charlie Pridham
writes
First a bit of back ground, for many years now whenever anyone on here has
asked for a shredder recommendation I had no hesitation in recommending my
Bosch AXT 2200 HD then about a year ago it caught fire while in use and
died, the new motors were expensive so I decide to replace it with a new
version of the same model, now while its not a bad shredder compared with
the original its much more time consuming to use (largely due to increased
safety measures such as cut out switches)

We are in the market for a shredder, what was the new one?

--
Chris French

Its the one in the link below (I didn't buy ours from screw fix it was just
the first link I found!), the issue I have with it is that whilst it shreds
ok you can not see what is happening in the collecting box and if it backs
up it causes clogging, pulling the box out stops the machine.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-axt-... aMewwod_i4ADw

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Unique EBAY item. Pure 1980s nostalgie CD-ROM - Only 2.50 - 1984 Argos Catalogue on CDR- plus free bonus - over 150 rare and classic 80s TV A the pea United Kingdom 0 30-11-2006 08:06 PM
When is a shredder not a shredder - when it's a crusher! Dave United Kingdom 1 11-09-2006 10:11 AM
Bonus S and Image on St. Augustine Grass Tom Rossi Lawns 0 01-05-2004 02:02 AM
Night flower "Bonus" Harley Gardening 1 30-08-2003 04:12 PM
Some great NEW products... and a great Bonus ordering opportunity! Earl Buchan Gardening 0 21-03-2003 07:08 PM