Old 04-12-2014, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default At the risk of being a bore...

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 16:00:20 +0100, Martin wrote:

There shouldnl't be any adverts including those for BBC products on BBC.

There is a difference between adverts and announcements.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Old 20-12-2014, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
I think it sad that there have been so many criticisms of the presenter, I
found the gardens enthralling, and her enthusiasm great. I guess peeps
have been used to presenters with slim or athletic bodies, pretty/handsome
faces and enhanced breasts and lips. I was looking at the gardens, and did
not want to be side tracked by a glamorous presenter. Also it made a
lovely change from people gardening at enormous expense then expecting us
peasants to follow their lead.

Well, we can say that she isn't glamorous for sure, but I really like her
for her knowledge. Is it important to be pretty to be a presenter? I think
not.

Old 21-12-2014, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/12/2014 23:26, Christina Websell wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
I think it sad that there have been so many criticisms of the presenter, I
found the gardens enthralling, and her enthusiasm great. I guess peeps
have been used to presenters with slim or athletic bodies, pretty/handsome
faces and enhanced breasts and lips. I was looking at the gardens, and did
not want to be side tracked by a glamorous presenter. Also it made a
lovely change from people gardening at enormous expense then expecting us
peasants to follow their lead.

Well, we can say that she isn't glamorous for sure, but I really like her
for her knowledge. Is it important to be pretty to be a presenter? I think
not.

It's important not to detract from the subject, either by being gorgeous
or outstandingly ugly. The vast majority of humans are somewhere in the
middle, which is where I expect presenters to be