GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daffs for Xmas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210981-daffs-xmas.html)

david 21-12-2014 10:50 AM

Daffs for Xmas

Last year I decided to try for outdoor planted Daffs flowering for Xmas.
I bought the 6 earliest varieties I could find, the first flowers were
early Feb.
Yesterday I looked at them, 5 varieties not showing above the grass but
one has flower stems pushing up above the grass, before the leaves.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1e19103e.jpg
David @ an overcast side of Swansea bay.

Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] 21-12-2014 11:38 AM

Daffs for Xmas

On 21/12/2014 10:50, David wrote:
Last year I decided to try for outdoor planted Daffs flowering for Xmas.
I bought the 6 earliest varieties I could find, the first flowers were
early Feb.
Yesterday I looked at them, 5 varieties not showing above the grass but
one has flower stems pushing up above the grass, before the leaves.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1e19103e.jpg

David @ an overcast side of Swansea bay.

It's claimed that Narcissus 'Rijnveld's Early Sensation' (aka 'January
Gold' can flower as early as the end of December. 'Spring Dawn' is also
supposed to flower in January.