GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bit chilly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210997-bit-chilly.html)

sacha 27-12-2014 08:49 PM

Bit chilly

We'll be quite surprised if there's no frost tonight. We thought it was
going to cloud over, even snow, this afternoon but that has cleared
away. The sky is clear and it's really cold so if you're in the SW,
you might want to rush out and throw plastic bags, old towels or
curtains or something protective but not heavy, over your more tender
plants. We hope this is NOT the night when we all pay for the mild
autumn and (mostly) lovely summer!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Sacha[_11_] 28-12-2014 10:52 PM

Bit chilly

On 2014-12-27 20:49:45 +0000, sacha said:

We'll be quite surprised if there's no frost tonight. We thought it was
going to cloud over, even snow, this afternoon but that has cleared
away. The sky is clear and it's really cold so if you're in the SW,
you might want to rush out and throw plastic bags, old towels or
curtains or something protective but not heavy, over your more tender
plants. We hope this is NOT the night when we all pay for the mild
autumn and (mostly) lovely summer!

And tonight it was -1.5C, clear sky, no wind. I don't know what it is
now but I'll be surprised if it hasn't fallen a bit further. In
addition, I heard a fox barking a field or three away. It was like
being in an episode of Midsomer Massacres!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com