Old 06-02-2015, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant Id

I found what appears to be a some sort of large evergreen herbaceous plant or possibly a shrub with long stems buried under a thicket of brambles and ivy. I took a photo showing what looks like dried up flowers at the end of a side shoot. Having cut all the main stems back I notice that near the crown the stems are 1 cm thick and coloured mainly red but also flushed with yellow. Anyone know what this plant might be?

http://tinyurl.com/m4dxcu5
Old 06-02-2015, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/02/2015 17:40, FrankB wrote:
I found what appears to be a some sort of large evergreen herbaceous
plant or possibly a shrub with long stems buried under a thicket of
brambles and ivy. I took a photo showing what looks like dried up
flowers at the end of a side shoot. Having cut all the main stems back I
notice that near the crown the stems are 1 cm thick and coloured mainly
red but also flushed with yellow. Anyone know what this plant might be?
*http://tinyurl.com/m4dxcu5*

The link doesn't work for me
Old 06-02-2015, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 06/02/2015 17:40, FrankB wrote:
I found what appears to be a some sort of large evergreen herbaceous
plant or possibly a shrub with long stems buried under a thicket of
brambles and ivy. I took a photo showing what looks like dried up
flowers at the end of a side shoot. Having cut all the main stems back I
notice that near the crown the stems are 1 cm thick and coloured mainly
red but also flushed with yellow. Anyone know what this plant might be?
*http://tinyurl.com/m4dxcu5*

The link doesn't work for me

It works fine for me of you copy and paste into address box of your browser.

Here's an alternatiuve link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/120747...5000/lightbox/

Old 07-02-2015, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/02/2015 18:19, FrankB wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message
On 06/02/2015 17:40, FrankB wrote:
I found what appears to be a some sort of large evergreen herbaceous
plant or possibly a shrub with long stems buried under a thicket of
brambles and ivy. I took a photo showing what looks like dried up
flowers at the end of a side shoot. Having cut all the main stems back I
notice that near the crown the stems are 1 cm thick and coloured mainly
red but also flushed with yellow. Anyone know what this plant might be?
*http://tinyurl.com/m4dxcu5*

The link doesn't work for me

It works fine for me of you copy and paste into address box of your browser.

Here's an alternatiuve link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/120747...5000/lightbox/

Thanks for providing a link that works.
I think you will find that what you have is a form of Leucothoe
Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I believe you are correct as someone else suggested this on another
gardening website where I put up the same photo. Never heard of or
encountered this plant previously. I have had to cut it back hard to 12"
stems as it was very straggly, so hope it will recover but don't think it
will flower this year.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#f2d899
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3I found what=20
appears to be a some sort of large evergreen herbaceous plant or =
possibly a=20
shrub with long stems buried under a thicket of brambles and ivy. I took =
a photo=20
showing what looks like dried up flowers at the end of a side shoot. =
Having cut=20
all the main stems back I notice that near the crown the stems are 1 cm =
thick=20
and coloured mainly red but also flushed with yellow. Anyone know what =
this=20
plant might be?/FONTBR/FONT/DIV
DIVSTRONGhttp://tinyurl.com/m4dxcu5/STRONG/DIV/BODY/HTML

Frank, could you please refrain from posting in HTML?
It is bad form for usenet and some readers don't decode it.

Thank you
--
David

Old 09-02-2015, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 12:34:40 +0100, Martin wrote:

The other possibility is to use a news reader that can read HTML. More and more
people post in HTML. Blame Microsoft if you like. It is something we have to
live with.

The best choice is a news reader that can read but not post HTML.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Old 09-02-2015, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David B" wrote in message
!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#f2d899
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3I found what=20
appears to be a some sort of large evergreen herbaceous plant or =
possibly a=20
shrub with long stems buried under a thicket of brambles and ivy. I took

=
a photo=20
showing what looks like dried up flowers at the end of a side shoot. =
Having cut=20
all the main stems back I notice that near the crown the stems are 1 cm

=
thick=20
and coloured mainly red but also flushed with yellow. Anyone know what =
this=20
plant might be?/FONTBR/FONT/DIV
DIVSTRONGhttp://tinyurl.com/m4dxcu5/STRONG/DIV/BODY/HTML

Frank, could you please refrain from posting in HTML?
It is bad form for usenet and some readers don't decode it.

Thank you

No one else has ever complained in all the years I've been posting. Don't
see why I should change my newsreader settings just to suit you. Why don't
YOU change the settings on YOUR newsreader if it's such a problem?

Old 09-02-2015, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 20:21:16 -0000, "FrankB" wrote:

Frank, could you please refrain from posting in HTML?
It is bad form for usenet and some readers don't decode it.

Thank you

No one else has ever complained in all the years I've been posting. Don't
see why I should change my newsreader settings just to suit you. Why don't
YOU change the settings on YOUR newsreader if it's such a problem?

While the world has moved on an HTML isn't really that much of a
problem to a decent newsreader , the fact that you post to a newsgroup
without bothering to read its charter, a link to which was posted as
recently as the 15 of last month where within it says

"Binaries
All posts should be in plain ASCII text. The posting of all binaries
(including, for example, pictures, html format text or code, "business
cards", software, word processor files) is not welcome. Such material
belongs on a web or ftp site, to which a pointer may be posted. "

and then go on to rudely expect others to adopt their ways to suit
yourself really marks you down as a selfish, arrogant, self obsessed
Git so typical of the ME First attitude so prevalent in society today.

G.Harman

Old 09-02-2015, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"FrankB" wrote in message
o.uk...
No one else has ever complained in all the years I've been posting. Don't
see why I should change my newsreader settings just to suit you. Why don't
YOU change the settings on YOUR newsreader if it's such a problem?

Your egocentricity is easily solved

PLONK

Phil

Old 10-02-2015, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 09/02/2015 20:21, FrankB wrote:
No one else has ever complained in all the years I've been posting. Don't
see why I should change my newsreader settings just to suit you. Why don't
YOU change the settings on YOUR newsreader if it's such a problem?

To the best of my recollection, it is only the last day that your posts
have been visibly html - so if people with readers that can parse html
looked at your posts they wouldn't see it as obviously html.

Indeed, the post I'm replying to doesn't look like edited html.

However, the problem was the post you made with the vomit/diarrhea
background colour of earlier (the first in this thread). To a news
client that can parse html, it jars and looks pretty vile. Tastes
notwithstanding.

It is good manners to follow the group's charter - and also to try and
post so that, within reason, most clients can read posts properly.

--
regards andy
Old 10-02-2015, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"FrankB" wrote in message
news:wrydnT76MIzFi0TJnZ2dnUVZ8rWdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...

"David B" wrote in message
[...]

I asked you perfectly reasonably and politely to follow standard usenet
etiquette and the charter of this very group. You obviously have no idea
how usenet is used and think you are above everybody else.

You have also chosen to reply in a rather arrogant and selfish way, so why
don't you take a nicely pruned rose twig and ram it up your posterior?

Regards
P.S. You'll probably be disappointed but I'm afraid I can't be bothered to
register your email address to any homosexual prOn sites, you'll have to do
that yourself.
Regards Mr B

--
David

Old 10-02-2015, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David B" wrote in message ...
I asked you perfectly reasonably and politely to follow standard usenet
etiquette and the charter of this very group. You obviously have no idea
how usenet is used and think you are above everybody else.

You have also chosen to reply in a rather arrogant and selfish way, so why
don't you take a nicely pruned rose twig and ram it up your posterior?

Regards
P.S. You'll probably be disappointed but I'm afraid I can't be bothered to
register your email address to any homosexual prOn sites, you'll have to do
that yourself.
Regards Mr B
too

Oh dear! You have just shown yourself up to be the **** that you truly are. But I already knew that anyway from your previous posts. Why you'd think I'm gay (which I'm not) has anything to do with it I'm not too sure. But please don't be concerned. I don't take offence at ****s. After all most can't help being the numbskulls that they are.

By the way I'm sure there's a good counselling service around in your area for honophobes.Try your local Citizens Advice Bureau hirst.