Old 08-02-2015, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default First Daff out

A week ago in East Yorkshire but it is a Rijnveld's Early Sensation

---

Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 08/02/2015 09:05, Trevor wrote:

A week ago in East Yorkshire but it is a Rijnveld's Early Sensation

My first daffodil in North Yorkshire has been almost out with yellow
petals showing since 14th Jan but has been in suspended animation since
the cold snap. I wasn't around yesterday to see if it opened but it
might well have done in sunshine with ambient temperature 7C at sunset.

It is almost full out now at 11am I will take another look later this
afternoon. About half a dozen are not far behind with yellow petals.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 21-02-2015, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message
. com...
A week ago in East Yorkshire but it is a Rijnveld's Early Sensation

---

Grace-over-the- road has daffs in full flower. I don't expect mine for 3
weeks.

Old 21-02-2015, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message
. com...
A week ago in East Yorkshire but it is a Rijnveld's Early Sensation

---

Grace-over-the- road has daffs in full flower. I don't expect mine for 3
weeks.

Mine are just starting to poke their heads out of the soil.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 22-02-2015, 01:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message
. com...
A week ago in East Yorkshire but it is a Rijnveld's Early Sensation

---

Grace-over-the- road has daffs in full flower. I don't expect mine for
3 weeks.

Mine are just starting to poke their heads out of the soil.

One day I'd like to be like Grace. She jumps out of aeroplanes for
charity, last time she did it she was 90. She's probably 93 now. She still
drives her car locally to the shops etc. Probably best she doesn't go much
further than our village with her car though ;-)
I wouldn't like to be her passenger tbh, but she always gets safely there
and back.
She still gardens a lot (although she has some help) I'd like to think I
could do that at 93.

Old 22-02-2015, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message
. com...
A week ago in East Yorkshire but it is a Rijnveld's Early Sensation

---
Grace-over-the- road has daffs in full flower. I don't expect mine for
3 weeks.

Mine are just starting to poke their heads out of the soil.

One day I'd like to be like Grace. She jumps out of aeroplanes for
charity, last time she did it she was 90. She's probably 93 now. She
still drives her car locally to the shops etc. Probably best she doesn't
go much further than our village with her car though ;-)
I wouldn't like to be her passenger tbh, but she always gets safely there
and back.
She still gardens a lot (although she has some help) I'd like to think I
could do that at 93.

I can see she is one wonderful lady but much as I admire her, I could never
.... in a million years ... be persuaded to jump out of an aeroplane!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 23-02-2015, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/02/2015 21:47, Christina Websell wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message
. com...
A week ago in East Yorkshire but it is a Rijnveld's Early Sensation

---

Grace-over-the- road has daffs in full flower. I don't expect mine for 3
weeks.

Had multi-head Daffs in flower since jist after Christmas and the main
Daffs (sorry I dont know the variety) have been starting to flower since
the midle of last week. They ate in a bed partly shaded by houses i
Fareham - between Portsmouth and Southampton

Malcolm Race
Old 25-02-2015, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Trevor" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Nor me.

First Daff David Hill United Kingdom 5 01-02-2014 11:39 PM
daff's and hyacynths are peeking up! BD Gardening 7 28-02-2009 03:16 PM
Forgoten daff bulbs David Hill United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 05:19 AM
Forgoten daff bulbs David Hill United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 05:18 AM
Forgotten bag of daff bulbs Liz United Kingdom 3 05-01-2003 07:59 PM