Old 16-02-2015, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mini lemon tree dying?

Hi all,
I went to vietnam for three week, and the person in charge of my plant at home did not do a good job...
My lemon three, started from the seed a few year ago did not got any water for a bit more then a week (as far as i know...) when i got home the leave where all dry and looked dead but the steam seemed ok...
Then i deeply water it... the three seem to recover a little, with a few leave retaking normal apperence, but most of theem are still srinkeled and dry...

I love this three and will like to rescue it, any advice are welcome =D

he is in a container inside (Québec canada) 6 inche pot he did not got any fertilizer recently and never carried any fruit wet, he is about 60 cm tall

thanks in advance for any advice about what to do next...
Old 17-02-2015, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message .

Hi all,
I went to vietnam for three week, and the person in charge of my plant at
home did not do a good job...
My lemon three, started from the seed a few year ago did not got any water
for a bit more then a week (as far as i know...) when i got home the leave
where all dry and looked dead but the steam seemed ok...
Then i deeply water it... the three seem to recover a little, with a few
leave retaking normal apperence, but most of theem are still srinkeled and
dry...

I love this three and will like to rescue it, any advice are welcome =D

he is in a container inside (Québec canada) 6 inche pot he did not got any
fertilizer recently and never carried any fruit wet, he is about 60 cm tall

thanks in advance for any advice about what to do next...

The shrivelled leaves will drop off but keep your normal routine and it will
recover eventually, mine did. Strange plants citrus, overwatering (letting
them sit in water) will certainly kill them but under watering takes a lot
longer as they seem to just go into dormancy.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 17-02-2015, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/02/2015 07:58, Bob Hobden wrote:
wrote in message .

[...]

So long as you don't leave it standing in water it will regrow leaves
again quite happily even if it has been dry enough to drop them all.

They tend to drop their fruit first if short of water.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Mini lemon tree - partly dead? Paul Kaye[_2_] United Kingdom 10 20-11-2009 09:51 PM
Mini lemon tree - edible fruit? Paul United Kingdom 13 11-02-2009 09:58 AM
Lemon Tree Advice to a newbie please: Is it wide enough to plant mynew bought lemon tree? [email protected] Gardening 2 25-05-2008 04:22 AM
mini lemon tree stevej United Kingdom 4 23-11-2005 01:57 PM
Please help, my lemon tree is dying! Rachael Reynolds United Kingdom 10 31-12-2002 01:53 PM