GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   F1 piccolo tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/211242-f1-piccolo-tomatoes.html)

Judith in England 28-02-2015 09:13 AM

F1 piccolo tomatoes

I wonder if many people grow these: I have had them recommended by a friend who
has grown them in the past. (He could not remember where he got seeds from)

I have found a company that sell them on Amazon - but I wonder why, as far as I
can see, none of the major seeds companies seem to sell them?

I have also seem them on ebay: but I would not be surprised if someone has
grown them and then harvested the seeds - which of course would mean that they
are not F1.

I wonder why the larger seed companies do not sell them?

Any sources recommended?

stuart noble 28-02-2015 10:05 AM

F1 piccolo tomatoes

On 28/02/2015 09:13, Judith in England wrote:
I wonder if many people grow these: I have had them recommended by a friend who
has grown them in the past. (He could not remember where he got seeds from)

I have found a company that sell them on Amazon - but I wonder why, as far as I
can see, none of the major seeds companies seem to sell them?

I have also seem them on ebay: but I would not be surprised if someone has
grown them and then harvested the seeds - which of course would mean that they
are not F1.

I wonder why the larger seed companies do not sell them?

Any sources recommended?

Maybe they go by a different name?

http://www.seedsofitaly.com/TOMATO_B...5_8313922.aspx