GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tuesday evening/night Northern Lights (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/211308-tuesday-evening-night-northern-lights.html)

David Hill 17-03-2015 07:17 PM

Tuesday evening/night Northern Lights

Worth checking the skies tonight across much of England, Wales, Northern
Ireland and Scotland as a large geomagnetic storm hit the Earth this
afternoon and is still producing a very strong display of Northern Lights.
David @ an almost spring like side of Swansea Bay

Janet 17-03-2015 07:25 PM

Tuesday evening/night Northern Lights

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Worth checking the skies tonight across much of England, Wales, Northern
Ireland and Scotland as a large geomagnetic storm hit the Earth this
afternoon and is still producing a very strong display of Northern Lights.
David @ an almost spring like side of Swansea Bay

Thanks for that tip; clear skies here today so we might see some
lights tonight

Janet

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 17-03-2015 11:37 PM

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 19:17:03 +0000, David Hill wrote:

Worth checking the skies tonight across much of England, Wales, Northern
Ireland and Scotland as a large geomagnetic storm hit the Earth this
afternoon and is still producing a very strong display of Northern
Lights.

Was 8/8ths cloud at 1800 but by about 2100 had cleared but too much
fine low level mist, the constelations were clear but the Milky Way
masked even overhead. I think I might have seen a brief curl or
something moving but that was all.

--
Cheers
Dave.