GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Signs of spring? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/211309-signs-spring.html)

Vir Campestris 17-03-2015 08:37 PM

Signs of spring?

Frogs calling in our pond tonight.

400ft up in Cambs.

Andy

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 17-03-2015 08:55 PM

Signs of spring?

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
Frogs calling in our pond tonight.

400ft up in Cambs.

Burton End?

It's very patchy here, down at the 50 foot level.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Vir Campestris 17-03-2015 09:37 PM

Signs of spring?

On 17/03/2015 20:55, Nick Maclaren wrote:
Burton End?

It's very patchy here, down at the 50 foot level.

Just FYI the county top is at Great Chishill. There's quite a lot of
400ft (ish) around the edges.

Andy

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 17-03-2015 10:52 PM

Signs of spring?

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:

Burton End?

It's very patchy here, down at the 50 foot level.

Just FYI the county top is at Great Chishill. There's quite a lot of
400ft (ish) around the edges.

Thanks for correcting my delusion. I didn't realise that, and
had failed to notice it on the map.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Malcolm Race[_2_] 20-03-2015 12:38 PM

Signs of spring?

On 17/03/2015 20:37, Vir Campestris wrote:
Frogs calling in our pond tonight.

400ft up in Cambs.

Andy

Surely you must by now have heard the first sign of Spring, the mating
call of the lesser spotted flymo ;-)

Malcolm

Tree LC 26-03-2015 02:02 PM

This is the weirdest weather, just when you really feel that Spring is coming, you get some frost.
Our car was frozen yesterday morning yet the day before, we were out in the garden sorting things out!
It's no wonder that we always talk about the weather in this country as it's so unpredicable.
Never mind the clocks go forward in a few days time so it is official !
Horsham Tree Surgery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm Race[_2_] (Post 1012393)