Old 27-04-2015, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Anyone here have an old Mountfield M4 Pro mower or know of such?

I inherited a Mountfield 'M4 Professional' grass cutter from my late father
in law.
Nicely made machine when Mountfield manufactured in Maidenhead. Probably
30-40 yrs old. Has had little use and still has the original 3 part blade.
Over the winter I've given it a little fettling, not much required.
Today I've tried it in earnest for the first time. Lovely until the very
last.
One of the tyres just disintegrated.
Prised off the hub cap and removed wheel/tyre. Tyre is about 8" dia.
Removed wheel and two ball races. Removed circlip to release ball races.

Looks like the tyre is slip formed. There is no way I can get the tyre off
the rim. Even if I could there is no way I could get a new tyre onto the
rim.

Any thoughts please or does anyone know of a supplier of such?
Whilst replacing one I might just as well do all four.

Many thanks,
Nick.

Old 28-04-2015, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick" wrote in message
[...]

Try ebay you may get lucky, failing that replace all 4 wheels with something
current

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs